Gastons, need a ride

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
Due to damage to the club aircraft, I'm now looking for a ride to Gastons from somewhere near CHA. If worse comes to worse, I may do a crazy LD motorcycle ride over to the flyin. Maybe.

Now I see where you get your signature from.

Crazy motorcyle rider
:p

My parents take off on thier bikes all the time. They even rode from NC to GA to Branson MO, back through Nashville & the NC mountains. So if my mom can do it Bill, it should not be a problem for you. Remember to pack the rain gear. :D

HPNFlyGirl said:
So if my mom can do it Bill, it should not be a problem for you. Remember to pack the rain gear. :D

I left Thursday morning and rode to Glen, NH, then stated back Sunday. 5 days, 2641mi. Yee haa.

Bill Jennings said:
I left Thursday morning and rode to Glen, NH, then stated back Sunday. 5 days, 2641mi. Yee haa.
Holy cow, that's a median avg of 528 sm/day, which in all likelihood means some of those days were a lot more than that. What a glutton for punishment you must be.:goofy:

Hey Bill, a buddy from PDK will be picking me up at JWN and will be flying pretty much over CHA. He is planning on leaving PDK EARLY Saturday morning. If interested I'll give him a call to see if he minds as I don't want to speak for him.
By the way, do you have a room reserved? We don't and this could be a true win/win.
Lemme know.
CAVU,
Kevin

kevin47881 said:
By the way, do you have a room reserved? We don't and this could be a true win/win.

Kevin
Kevin, we booked a four bedroom house at Gaston's and a few people have changed their plans, so we might have a room available now.

too bad. I thought you were in Texas. I started checking to see if I could swing by to pick ya up, but CHA is no where near Texas :D

Sorry man.

kevin47881 said:
If interested I'll give him a call to see if he minds as I don't want to speak for him.

Lance Flynn has graciously offered me a ride in his M20J from 9A1. I'll drive down to Atlanta early Saturday morning, so that will work out. Thanks Lance!

I do have a room booked, but can't remember if it is two beds or one. If two, I'll gladly help out anyone needing overflow lodging.

Bill

Richard said:
Holy cow, that's a median avg of 528 sm/day, which in all likelihood means some of those days were a lot more than that. What a glutton for punishment you must be.:goofy:

Saturday was a nice short ride day, 140mi, leaving 625mi/day average for the four travel days. XM satellite radio makes long days on the road much more enjoyable.

Shoot Bill, ya shoulda stopped at Wings in Philly on Saturday!

N2212R said:
Shoot Bill, ya shoulda stopped at Wings in Philly on Saturday!

Was in Glen, NH on Saturday. Next year, I plan to fly to more of these flyins, so hopefully I'll be flying something to next years Wings gather.

And, Ed, I'll probably not make your UP gig. The 182 was the plane I had booked for that trip, and the others are covered up. I don't like the local FBO rentals for local airwork, let alone a long trip.

Bill Jennings said:
And, Ed, I'll probably not make your UP gig. The 182 was the plane I had booked for that trip, and the others are covered up. I don't like the local FBO rentals for local airwork, let alone a long trip.

Man, that must have been some serious damage! :dunno: Sorry to hear about the bent bird. :(

I have to ask though... Prop strike? We have two clubs with 182's at MSN, and two clubs that have had prop strikes on their 182's. Batting 1.000! :eek:

The 182 was probably worth more than the saberliner....

Diana said:
Kevin, we booked a four bedroom house at Gaston's and a few people have changed their plans, so we might have a room available now.

Hey Diana, if available consider it sold! Let me know how we need to proceed.
Thanks a million,
CAVU,
Kevin

Bill Jennings said:
Lance Flynn has graciously offered me a ride in his M20J from 9A1. I'll drive down to Atlanta early Saturday morning, so that will work out. Thanks Lance!

I do have a room booked, but can't remember if it is two beds or one. If two, I'll gladly help out anyone needing overflow lodging.

Bill

I may take you up on the lodging Bill! Shoot, we'll even take up floor space if available :)
CAVU,
Kevin

kevin47881 said:
Hey Diana, if available consider it sold! Let me know how we need to proceed.
I'm waiting to hear back from one other person to know if we have a room available. We will also put cots in our place if it means that someone will be able to come if they have a place to sleep. :)

flyingcheesehead said:
I have to ask though... Prop strike?

Nope, see Baaad luck in Flight Following. Short story: Sabreliner 65 got loose on the ground and was blown into the 182 during a TS. I don't know the full extent of the damage, but the 65 is a fairly large, heavy private jet. See http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.genav.com/photobroker/33/520&imgrefurl=http://www.genav.com/aircraftforSale/Sabreliner/465-0006.html&h=417&w=520&sz=18&tbnid=xh0P0sF7Q8RIcM:&tbnh=102&tbnw=128&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsabreliner%2B65%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLR,GGLR:2005-40,GGLR:en%26sa%3DN

for a pic of a Sabreliner 65.

Diana said:
I'm waiting to hear back from one other person to know if we have a room available. We will also put cots in our place if it means that someone will be able to come if they have a place to sleep. :)

Is sleeping IN the plane considered camping on field :dunno:

Back