Gaston's Lost and Found

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
I managed to remember pack up all my chairs but I left the two wood TV trays behind.

Did anybody grab those?

No big deal. They were like $30 for a set of 4.

I saw them, but you were still there when we left. I also noted an Icom radio charging at the light post. I think it was Jason's. I hope he remembered it. I turned up the volume on it before I left so that the radio calls might help his remember it. (I'd also like to thank Jason for the use of the charger!)

Just turn in your receipt to the organizing committee with an invoice for $15.

I saw them, but you were still there when we left. I also noted an Icom radio charging at the light post. I think it was Jason's. I hope he remembered it. I turned up the volume on it before I left so that the radio calls might help his remember it. (I'd also like to thank Jason for the use of the charger!)

I did and you're welcome. :)

Just a FWIW, I left a pair of glasses in our cabin and Gaston's wanted a credit card # to mail them....:incazzato:

Just a FWIW, I left a pair of glasses in our cabin and Gaston's wanted a credit card # to mail them....:incazzato:

...meanwhile, I left a pair of sunglasses on the ramp at KHEZ (Natchez), and they mailed 'em to me same day I called. :goofy:

I know Clint, the manager @ HEZ. Wouldn't expect any less from the FBO there....

...meanwhile, I left a pair of sunglasses on the ramp at KHEZ (Natchez), and they mailed 'em to me same day I called. :goofy:

Even though I really wanted to attend, you can't imagine how happy I was to know they didn't have any of my money when I had to bail out for the funeral. I understand the reasoning behind their non-refundable deposit policy, but it doesn't work for me.

You must not have spent enough money while you were at Gastons!
I bought $500 worth of their avgas and would be rather frustrated if they wanted to ding me with a $3 shipping charge. I did make the mistake of asking for three keys for the cabin which cost me an additional $50.

I bought $500 worth of their avgas and would be rather frustrated if they wanted to ding me with a $3 shipping charge. I did make the mistake of asking for three keys for the cabin which cost me an additional $50.

Remember, "It costs no more to go first class."

Nah, I had three keys as well. But when they asked me how many staying I said "one". When they asked you that question you said "three". That was a $50 answer.

Nah, I had three keys as well. But when they asked me how many staying I said "one". When they asked you that question you said "three". That was a $50 answer.
I'm just too honest....

They probably want to charter a bus to bring them back to you, just in spite!

P.S.--THANK YOU for arranging that outing, that was fantastic. And the "service" we received at brunch the next morning reminded me why we did it.

P.S.--THANK YOU for arranging that outing, that was fantastic. And the "service" we received at brunch the next morning reminded me why we did it.
There is nothing like a $17 buffet that will only give you approx 3 oz of juice and then charge you for every 3oz thereafter.

There is nothing like a $17 buffet that will only give you approx 3 oz of juice and then charge you for every 3oz thereafter.

I just wanted a piece of wheat toast and two eggs, ala carte. They said I could have toast and eggs, for $17, off the buffet. Ordering it ala-carte wasn't an option. I convinced him to have the kitchen make me toast, but they wouldn't bend on the eggs... if I want eggs, I have to buy the buffet. :dunno:

fwiw matt, amy, leah, and i had a really good meal with good service on friday night in the restaurant. and it was cheaper than going to Colton's. But we had fun going to Colton's too.

They probably want to charter a bus to bring them back to you, just in spite!

I'll add my thanks to Troys. And it sounds like we made the right choice in bugging out when we did and skipping brunch. I know that we just beat the rain into our home field, though we did run into Lynne and Chris when we were getting gas, and they did go to the brunch.

So why did you buy gas a Near $5/gal at Gastons? Flippin was $3.99.

They must have changed cooks.

fwiw matt, amy, leah, and i had a really good meal with good service on friday night in the restaurant. and it was cheaper than going to Colton's. But we had fun going to Colton's too.

When you're renting wet there is no cost benefit to flying elsewhere for fuel.
Was the rental place reimbursing you for the actual cost of the fuel?

When I was renting the FBO would only reimburse you up to the cost that they were selling fuel for. If you bought fuel for $4.50/gal and they were selling it for $4/gal, you the renter were out $.50/gal. It sucked but that was how all the FBOs in the area were doing it so you had no choice but to stop renting an start buying. Which I did when they started charging minimum per day rates instead of straight hobbs hours on overnight trips.

Was the rental place reimbursing you for the actual cost of the fuel?
The price of the fuel is actually pretty close to what the FBO here charges.

When you're renting wet there is no cost benefit to flying elsewhere for fuel.
Maybe no immediate cost benefit (with the caveat that Scott offered), but keeping the cost of operations down also helps keep the rental rate down, so there can be a longer-term benefit. And even if that isn't reflected in your rates, a higher profit margin may convince someone to keep a plane on line that they would otherwise take offline. (I say that because many of the planes for rent are leasebacks.)

Maybe no immediate cost benefit (with the caveat that Scott offered), but keeping the cost of operations down also helps keep the rental rate down, so there can be a longer-term benefit. And even if that isn't reflected in your rates, a higher profit margin may convince someone to keep a plane on line that they would otherwise take offline. (I say that because many of the planes for rent are leasebacks.)

I wouldn't expect the owner to reimburse me for $8 per gallon fuel but I'm not going to go out of my way to find fuel cheaper than they normally pay anyhow. Their price should be set to provide the desired profit margin at their home base's fuel price. Ideally they would simply take that price and reimburse me that no matter if I bought it for $3 per gallon or $8 per gallon. That way I'd have a desire to find cheaper fuel and their margin would remain the same.

It's pretty damn hard for me to justify the flight to another airport to save the owner money. If I'd have done that every time I bought fuel it'd end up costing me a few hundred dollars.

Last edited:
Back