Gastons Itinerary?

PLAirpark

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
MissouriAirparks
I cant seem to find an itinerary of events or if there is events during this entire event.. What day is the poker run? Whats going on friday saturday sunday? Anyone have this info?​

Just realized I said event way to much :rofl:

Poker run drawing is generally Saturday evening, IIRC.
Most people plan on dinner as a group on Saturday and brunch on Sunday.
Pizza at Steve's on Thursday eve.
The rest of it is largely determined on the spot.

Yes I finally just found the 9:00pm on saturday is when you turn in your cards for the event.
Where is Steve's?

Remedial English class on sentence structure meets Friday 0800.:p

We are planning on having a BBQ here at the airpark for those comfortable landing here at MU24 (2000' Grass strip). We are unsure of which day would be best. We have a bunch of prize giveaways planned (Bass Pro gift cards, Sportys pilot shop gift cards, Gastons gift cards, Free 3 night stay at our resort down the road, and other small items), skeet shooting, ATV riding and free food.
Just trying to give more fun stuff to do to those going this week!
Im going to try to get down there for saturday evening but my pilot (brother) is going on a float trip so I have to make the long drive.:frown3:

Can you attend that class if you have been drinking? :rofl:

Same rules as the plane. No smoking for 8 hours prior, no drinking within 300' of the cockpit.

I might stop over there Saturday afternoon.

Sounds good. What will you be flying?

Poker run drawing is generally Saturday evening, IIRC.

Correct; Poker Run "finals" are Saturday after dinner, in the restaurant. You have to have at least two (and up to five) cards from the outlying airports BEFORE then. Participation fee is $20 cash to the pot (three fives, five ones preferred). The airports/FBOs are serving up the cards now (since last Sunday), so you can get your cards at any time convenient to you... I think last year most folks flew out on Friday or Saturday and did a three-airport round-robin to pick up cards. I think folks will do the same thing this year, but do between two and five airports. You can find the rules and airports in the Poker Run thread.

FAA still has not updated there information on our runway, so I made a tab with correct information and pictures on our website.
http://perfectlandingairpark.com/in...rticle&id=47:sample-content&catid=3:newsflash

Just did measurements today and looked everything over. The runway drains well so usually it is dry not to long after the rain. So for those coming in for the Free BBQ and Free Prizes (Nothing required just come in and reach in the basket and hang out, eat or depart) :D

This will happen on Saturday the 13th from 11:00AM - 6:00PM

PM me or call if you plan on coming to give us a heads up.

This is all weather permitting of course.:lightning:

Last edited:
dont forget to come by today for free gift cards!

1 drive in $25 visa gift card winner. no wind skys are almost clear here. lots of free money on cards left. hope some people fly in and get these!:yikes:

Sorry, man, too short for me and my Bo (I am a wuss, 'tis true).

I was planning on going over, but the heat got the best of me, and I was fighting a headache all day.

Steven,
I apologize for not making it over. I had truly intended to, but just ran out of time on Saturday. Had we done the flying on Friday that we'd hoped to, we'd have gotten our poker run cards that day and stopped in on Saturday.

Diana and I were going to drop in, because she knew exactly how to get there. It wasn't too far from Gastons. Had some trees around it and a runway. But that information proved to be just a bit short of what we needed.

Diana and I were going to drop in, because she knew exactly how to get there. It wasn't too far from Gastons. Had some trees around it and a runway. But that information proved to be just a bit short of what we needed.
:D Well, I tried. I thought we were finally headed right for it and Wayne said, "That's the dam." :redface: :D It's easy to get turned around there. :D

Tom and I flew right over the grass strip (MU24) on the way down to Gaston's. It looks shorter and more narrow in real life than on the web site...to us anyway.

Everything looks short when your cruisin over 1k feet :D
Oh well I will go spend all of these gift cards :rofl:

Next year as long as all keeps going well and no new economy melt downs we will have most or all of the new runway done. And it wont look small even at 10k' :smilewinkgrin:

Feel free to do some low approaches anytime you are by here. It might be less scary once your closer to it. And we are in the middle of removing all of the trees at one end of the runway.

That "removing the trees" thing will make all the difference!

Did you not find it? No GPS? There was alot of traffic but no talk on the radio :nonod:

That "removing the trees" thing will make all the difference!
Ya all of the rain we got that week made it tough for the excavators to do any work so we couldnt get it done in time. But im sure it will be done next week as long as the weather pans out. Also we are taking a few of the trees that are on the north side of the runway out since they do seem to make it look narrow when your in the air.

Feel free to do some low approaches anytime you are by here. It might be less scary once your closer to it. And we are in the middle of removing all of the trees at one end of the runway.
We WERE close to it when Tom and I flew over it. :D Removing those trees is a GREAT idea. ;)

Well I wanted to come down there saturday night but the wife was having the pregnancy sickness so it wasnt the best idea :frown2:
Next year I will make my brother fly me down.

Oh well I will go spend all of these gift cards :rofl:

Next year as long as all keeps going well and no new economy melt downs we will have most or all of the new runway done. And it wont look small even at 10k' :smilewinkgrin:

I just found these photos in my iPhone. I took them when we flew over on our way down to Gaston's last Friday. :)

Attachments

• MU24 1.jpg
    MU24 1.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 15
  • MU24 2.jpg
    MU24 2.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 16
Nice find. Suprised you could actually see the 4" painted lines that high:D They are now about 8" wide to help out and the trees are dropping. Waiting for utility company to come bury the power line:yes:

Back