Gaston's in October

Aw, crap, you're a Statler Brothers guy, too?

You must be a superior being.

If you tell me you like Danny Davis and the Nashville Brass, I may just fold right up and cry... :yes:

I graduated when "the class of '57 had its dreams". Do I have a choice?

"Just counting flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all . . ."

Oh never mind.

"Just counting flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all . . ."

Oh never mind.
It's okay Wayne, we can play the spoons to that one too. Should I bring wooden spoons or metal spoons?

"...now don't tell me.... I've nothin' to do...."

Gonna be whistling all night, now.

So much for Frank Sanatra!! What was this thread about anyway <g>

It's about leaf-peeping? ;)

The falling leaves
Drift by the window
The autumn leaves
Of red and gold

I see your lips
The summer kisses
The sunburned hands
I used to hold

Since you went away
The days grow long
And soon I'll hear
Old winter's song

But I miss you most of all
My darling
When autumn leaves
Start to fall

Spike and Wayne are doing a fine job of serenading one another...:frog:

I love Eva, too. Over the Rainbow from that CD is also really really good. Have you heard her sing The Tennessee Waltz? She had such an interesting voice....

Last edited:
You had to be there.

Spike and Wayne are doing a fine job of serenading one another...:frog:

I love Eva, too. Over the Rainbow from that CD is also really really good. Have you heard her sing The Tennessee Waltz? She had such an interesting voice....

I hadn't heard that one till today! I like it! :yes:

Do we know if Spike is coming to Gaston's? :dunno:

I thought I would reserve a table for Saturday evening and one for Sunday Brunch so that we can sit together. Soooooooo, those of you who are planning to eat in the restaurant might let me know sometime, either here on in a PM or email.

So far the forecast for pretty fall foliage is looking good! :)

It is possible--but unlikely--that I'll make an appearance. Just depends on how much money I stumble into over the next few weeks :)

It is possible--but unlikely--that I'll make an appearance. Just depends on how much money I stumble into over the next few weeks :)
I hope you can come...and I hope you stumble over a lot of money soon! :)

I thought I would reserve a table for Saturday evening and one for Sunday Brunch so that we can sit together. Soooooooo, those of you who are planning to eat in the restaurant might let me know sometime, either here on in a PM or email.

So far the forecast for pretty fall foliage is looking good! :)

I will plan to attend both functions. Will you be singing at both?

I will plan to attend both functions. Will you be singing at both?
:D I suppose I could sing about my "fat tires". Oh, wait...I don't have fat tires. :D Will you be playing the Mandolin? :yes:

Did the date of this ever get determined? I can't always monitor entire threads; looked back, but don't see a date.

Best,

DAve

Did the date of this ever get determined? I can't always monitor entire threads; looked back, but don't see a date.

Best,

DAve

Dave, it's this coming weekend. :) I hope you can make it. Bruce and Sue are coming for Sunday Brunch. We thought that around 10:30 would work for brunch. A few people from Kansas City may be down either Saturday or Sunday.

OH, and Terry Calloway and his wife will be there for several days. He will have to leave his CJ-6 at home since he's bringing his dog. He has a cabin with a fireplace, so we're making S'mores at his place on Saturday evening and he's bring cream sherry to go with the S'mores. :D

Let me check; I just got back from OSH and we had a low oil pressure indication on the right engine. Some other issues we're trying to get tended to. We don't leave the plane around long enough to get little stuff fixed and I just told the mechanic to get to it.

Best,

Dave

Let me check; I just got back from OSH and we had a low oil pressure indication on the right engine. Some other issues we're trying to get tended to. We don't leave the plane around long enough to get little stuff fixed and I just told the mechanic to get to it.

Good heavens Dave, oil pressure is so over rated.

Kelly and I were planning on coming down, but I have to teach an EVOC course in Neosho this weekend. :mad: You all have fun.

Good heavens Dave, oil pressure is so over rated.

Sudden drop from 3 1/2 over yellow arc to top of yellow while flying from OSH to Portage on Sunday. One of those days; had a flat that morning. Got it to Emery after discussing it with my guys. Turned out to be pretty much a labor fix as the oil pressure relieve valve wasn't closing properly. Just had to buff it out and get it to seat properly. Thank goodness my mechanic answered his cell on Sunday. The Emery folks in Rockford were great, but they wanted to consider replacing some things that didn't need to be replaced in the corse of their trouble shooting. Discussions about waste gates and bearings and seals came up :hairraise:
My folks are now checking both the tire repair and oil relief valve along with some minor things we've wanted done for awhile.

Best,

Dave

Dave,

I'm planning to go Friday in the 180 if you can stand riding in a tail-dragger. You need to be there to sing with Diana.

Wayne

Sudden drop from 3 1/2 over yellow arc to top of yellow while flying from OSH to Portage on Sunday. One of those days; had a flat that morning. Got it to Emery after discussing it with my guys. Turned out to be pretty much a labor fix as the oil pressure relieve valve wasn't closing properly. Just had to buff it out and get it to seat properly. Thank goodness my mechanic answered his cell on Sunday. The Emery folks in Rockford were great, but they wanted to consider replacing some things that didn't need to be replaced in the corse of their trouble shooting. Discussions about waste gates and bearings and seals came up :hairraise:
My folks are now checking both the tire repair and oil relief valve along with some minor things we've wanted done for awhile.

Best,

Dave

I appreciate the invite and may take you up on it another time. If I can come, it will be up and back one day. Already missed a day of work this week. Can't really miss another. And singing isn't anywhere on my list of talents <g>. I owe, I owe, so off to work I go!!

Best,

Dave

I'm planning to go Friday in the 180 if you can stand riding in a tail-dragger. You need to be there to sing with Diana.
Wayne, are you going to be there through Sunday? We'll be there Saturday morning.

I forgot about the singing. :D I hope that Dave sings some Frank Sinatra songs. :)

I've been working on Ron Albertson and he said he will try to come down....don't know what day yet.

Wayne, are you going to be there through Sunday? We'll be there Saturday morning.

I forgot about the singing. :D I hope that Dave sings some Frank Sinatra songs. :)

I've been working on Ron Albertson and he said he will try to come down....don't know what day yet.

You are on the program for dinner entertainment at the restaurant. I told them to expect a medley of Patsy Cline, Rosemary Clooney, Reba and Madonna. Be ready. I'm there until Sunday, the novelty has done wore off of watching the Cowboy games.

You are on the program for dinner entertainment at the restaurant. I told them to expect a medley of Patsy Cline, Rosemary Clooney, Reba and Madonna. Be ready.
How funny. :D I can't decide whether to bring my wooden spoons, or just hope the spoons that the restaurant has are in tune. :D

I'm there until Sunday, the novelty has done wore off of watching the Cowboy games.
Is it time for football already??????

Lots of rain here and the creek is up and the ditch to the runway is full, but we'll find a way to take off from here on Saturday, no matter what.

Terry and his wife will be there tomorrow and they are in Cottage #2. We will be in Cottage #14.

Kelly and I were planning on coming down, but I have to teach an EVOC course in Neosho this weekend. :mad: You all have fun.
Dean, I'm sorry that you and Kelly won't be able to make it.

Wish I could make it, you guys have fun :)

Looks like you did real well picking the date. I just realized that image will change every day. I'll try to save it over the weekend.

Joe

foliage_us_cur_720x486.jpg

Don't it suck, Jesse? We're gonna be thinking about how much fun they're having, and we're not there to witness it and participate...

...howlllll....

See you all at 10:30 on Sunday AM at brunch.

PS I sure hope the strip dries out. PA34 is NOT an ideal grass airplane....sigh.

Sorry you can't come. Barb was thinking of coming if she got back from Denver in time and she asked if you'd be there. :)

Looks like you did real well picking the date. I just realized that image will change every day. I'll try to save it over the weekend.
Thanks Joe! I kept getting an older map when going to that site...looks like we'll be just about near peak.

Don't it suck, Jesse? We're gonna be thinking about how much fun they're having, and we're not there to witness it and participate...

...howlllll....
Well, we'll miss your charming ways. :cheerswine:

See you all at 10:30 on Sunday AM at brunch.

PS I sure hope the strip dries out. PA34 is NOT an ideal grass airplane....sigh.

Maybe Wayne will post runway conditions after he gets there tomorrow. We'll bring our handheld radio too. Too bad our Grand Poobah won't be there to take care of communications.

I think I have your cell # in my old computer.

It looks like at least eight confirmed for brunch so far. And six for dinner on Saturday.

Back