Gaston's 2016 Air-to-Air Pictures

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
@Laurie (my beautiful, talented wife) is a professional photographer and will be bringing her camera gear along. If anyone in attendance wants air-to-air photos of their plane, she'll be glad to oblige in exchange for a donation of your choosing to Cloud Nine.

We'd love to take you up on that! Since you're not flying in, who's the photo ship?

We'all coordinate that once there for those interested. :)

I bet a TR182 could make a great photo platform. The passenger side window opens, so she can shoot down at a target with no plexi (or wing, or gear) in the way. The only thing I don't like about that solution is the other aircraft being low on my starboard side where I can't see them.

I bet a TR182 could make a great photo platform. The passenger side window opens, so she can shoot down at a target with no plexi (or wing, or gear) in the way. The only thing I don't like about that solution is the other aircraft being low on my starboard side where I can't see them.

I'd agree your plane would make an excellent photo platform (the 414, by comparison, would make a terrible one).

Following standard formation briefings, the following plane is usually behind and on the right side, and also a bit lower. Break-offs can then be done vertically and horizontally as it becomes obvious who should go which direction. But certainly, an appropriate briefing beforehand for any planes that would participate. Formation is lots of fun, but also does have minimal room for error.

Cabin 9 is open, we rescheduled because I've still haven't had luck finding a plane. Hopefully we will be able to make the next one.

This air-to-air picture idea was GREAT! Thanks for the amazing shot of Birdie, Laurie!!!

0d54231a426152624fafe707dfd4b1d8.jpg

Back