Garmin Xponder -- question on inputting codes

woodchucker

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
woodchucker
I'm not sure the exact model. It is on a club plane. I could go up to the airport and find out but I have a feeling they are all about the same. Google images gives me a guess of something along the lines of a GTX330.

This is a really silly thing, but I've actually never really been able to figure out how to get the code entered very well. Eventually I get it, but it usually takes a bit of fumbling, guessing, etc. Seems like I should just be able to type the numbers, one after the other, but it rarely takes. Is there is some weird sequence of button pushes that are needed? I'm pretty sure the buttons themselves are functional. Any tips or tricks?

I'm not sure the exact model. It is on a club plane. I could go up to the airport and find out but I have a feeling they are all about the same. Google images gives me a guess of something along the lines of a GTX330.

This is a really silly thing, but I've actually never really been able to figure out how to get the code entered very well. Eventually I get it, but it usually takes a bit of fumbling, guessing, etc. Seems like I should just be able to type the numbers, one after the other, but it rarely takes. Is there is some weird sequence of button pushes that are needed? I'm pretty sure the buttons themselves are functional. Any tips or tricks?

I've owned a 327 and a 330, just type in the numbers in sequence....

Enter the new code in sequence, there is no enter button. It becomes active after the 4th number is entered.

If the numbers are not taking the key hit when you push on it. There is a problem with the buttons or unit. Get it checked.

I have a 330, just enter all 4 numbers, that's it, the thing even goes from GND to ALT by itself, easy stuff.

If you screw up just fill in the rest of the numbers and try again.

If that doesn't work, something is probably wrong with it, Garmin xpdrs are really very user friendly.

Okay... thank you. That is the response I expected, but it just doesn't match my user experience. Actually had to pull a couple of 360s my last flight, keeping clear of bravo, while I punched buttons, trying to get that darned code in. I'll keep on it, maybe ask one of the club cfis, or see if mx can have a look.

If you don't get the correct code from the start ,you may have hit a wrong number. If so will take a number of hits to get it correct. There is no easy clear button.

Back