Garmin Pilot on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 feedback

sdflyer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sdflyer
Has anyone tried to run Garmin Pilot on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0?

Has anyone tried to run Garmin Pilot on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0?
Can't answer directly but it runs great on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone. Won't run on my Galaxy Tab 7.0 (first gen) but I would expect it should run on a Tab 3, and the 8" form factor would be great in the cockpit.

If you already have the tablet, just go to the Play Market, if it won't run it will not show as downloadable.

I run GP on my Acer A500 10.1" tablet (running a customer 4.3 ROM) as well as the Note 3, and although I am running a 4.2 ROM on the original 7" Galaxy I think it is a single core processor or is not normally fast enough to run GP.

I run Avilution Aviation Maps on the Galaxy Tab and it works fine - just flew it yesterday in a Glasair and the small form factor was perfect, my Acer would have been too big.

'Gimp

I don't have it but I'm thinking to get it. Just want to know beforehand if it worth it as far as Garmin pilot goes

Except for the (missing) features on Android for Garmin Pilot it worked perfectly for my Thanksgiving trip. On the way out I used my new iPad Mini Retina, connected it to the Delorme inReach SE and my headphones to play music, but would never consistently connect to the GDL-39 for more than 30 seconds. Pulled out the Galaxy Tab 8.0 and worked perfectly for the GDL-39.

On the way back I used only the Galaxy Tab 8.0 with the Delorme and Bluetooth audio for music and the GDL-39 and it all worked perfectly.

Except for the (missing) features on Android for Garmin Pilot it worked perfectly for my Thanksgiving trip. On the way out I used my new iPad Mini Retina, connected it to the Delorme inReach SE and my headphones to play music, but would never consistently connect to the GDL-39 for more than 30 seconds. Pulled out the Galaxy Tab 8.0 and worked perfectly for the GDL-39.

On the way back I used only the Galaxy Tab 8.0 with the Delorme and Bluetooth audio for music and the GDL-39 and it all worked perfectly.

Thanks a lot! that is all I wanted to know!:goofy:

Back