Garmin Pilot adds some new stuff

Guessing no one opened the link

Guessing no one opened the link

I did. The link goes to an article about NOTAMs. I agree that is new, or at least I never noticed it before. But your comment was about winds and temps aloft.

Nice to see them eventually catch-up with ForeFlight.
That’s alright, with the latest release of foreflight they finally got the cloud features garmin pilot has had for more than a year. They still don’t have winds on the profile view like garmin does.

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-...in-pilot-103-mobile-app-adds-notam-highlights

something i just noticed on the iPad .... there is now an option to see either Wind Aloft or Temps based on altitude slider ... FlyQ had this for a long, happy to see it on GP

View attachment 91946
Nice to see them eventually catch-up with ForeFlight.
Winds aloft display on maps has been in the Android version of Garmin Pilot for years, and the Android version lags behind the iOS version, so it must have been in iOS GP even longer. I think the OP must have just discovered it.

That is correct, i usually leave the overlay displaying either winds or dew point spread. Based on the change log, wind aloft was introduced with 9.1 version. I like the changes they made in the profile view, though I hardly use it.

Winds aloft display on maps has been in the Android version of Garmin Pilot for years, and the Android version lags behind the iOS version, so it must have been in iOS GP even longer.

Winds Aloft is one area where I find GP better on Android than iPad. I fly with one of each type device, and always seem to struggle to find the data on iPad while in flight. With Android a tap on any airfield weather pulls up a table.

Back