Garmin Pilot 4.4.0 on iPad

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
Garmin Pilot just updated to 4.4.0. A few nice features added, like multi-layer map support, enhanced TFRs, SFRA for Washington, DC flight plans and a new Tools menu that includes a nice little stopwatch feature.

However, since installing, if I select Pilot Info from the Settings menu it crashes instantly. Anyone else seeing this issue? Perhaps a 4.4.1 will be here tomorrow?

Mine is working fine. Try shutting down the iPad and restarting. Like what they did, didn't see your post and started another one. Wish they did the auto routing stuff.

Mine is working fine. Try shutting down the iPad and restarting. Like what they did, didn't see your post and started another one. Wish they did the auto routing stuff.

Tried the shudown. Still crashes. Forwarding the error reports so hopefully they'll track down the bu.

Btw - now I know where all the stadiums are in those notams!

gudanybe.jpg

Tried the shudown. Still crashes. Forwarding the error reports so hopefully they'll track down the bu.

Bummer! There is so much cool stuff to play with now!

Oh, it's working fine for most functions. Just crashes on Pilot Info and after successful download.

One thing you could try is uninstalling the app, and then re-installing it. Sometimes updates that are applied to an existing applications don't work as intended. So, if you remove the app (and any data you might have created, if you're asked to delete or keeep during the uninstall), the next install will be not an update, but a full install.

Not sure if it matters, but I would power OFF the unit after the uninstall and before the re-install (to re-install just search the app and you wil be able to install it without having to pay for anything).

But be aware that any flight profiles you created you'll probably have to re-create again. Or, just wait and see what the experts say in their email reply ;)

Back