Garmin Nuvi Power Cord Fuse Questiion

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
The power cord for my Nuvi 765 seems to have gone dead. It has a label on the cord indicating what fuse to use but I can't find a way to open the plug to replace a fuse. I contacted Garmin support to find out and they said "For $23, we'll tell you". I'm too damned stubborn to do that. Anyone here know how? It may not be the fuse but that should be the first and easiest thing to look at.

I'm pretty sure you just unscrew the center pin and the retaining ring on the power plug, and the fuse is behind it. Could be wrong, though.

-Rich

WOW!! Fastest answer I ever got. 12 minutes from posting until the answer and 3 more minutes for documentation, Unfortunately, the fuse is good, confirmed with an ohmmeter. I did have to use a pair of pliers to get it apart. It was screwed together so tightly that I couldn't do it without a tool.

Thank You both!!

It is a shame that Garmin uses a proprietary connector (they are just 12V DC), but there are plenty of cheap third party replacements:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?field-keywords=010-10747-03&url=search-alias=aps&x=17&y=9

Yeah, I'll just whack it off and see if I can find continuity behind it. If I do, I'll put on a 3rd party replacement.

Sorry I didn't include you in the "thank you". You slipped in between the time I read what was there and responded.

Last edited:
Back