Garmin GPS 496 For Sale

rpadula

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
PancakeBunny
EDIT: *** THE GPS IS SOLD!!! ***

Hi everyone,

Since I sold the Commander earlier this year and am not doing any “go somewhere” flying where I need weather, my Garmin 496 is for sale. I would like to see it put to good use by one of my Blue Board friends.

Includes the following, shown in the attached photo:

Back row (Left to right):
  • Auto mount
  • Yoke mount
  • Yoke mount knob
  • Adhesive disc
  • Dashboard mount
  • Low profile remote GPS antenna
  • Suction cup holder for remote antenna
  • PC USB cable
  • GXM USB extension cable

Middle row (L-R):
  • Vehicle power cable
  • Vehicle power cable with speaker
  • AC charging power cable
  • Carrying case

Front row (L-R):
  • Manuals (antenna & 496)
  • City Navigator CD
  • Weighted portable friction mount
  • Garmin 496
  • GXM30 XM antenna

I also have the original Garmin box it came in.

Asking price is the unusual amount of $1,011.94, shipping to the US included (see if you can figure it out from this thread).

The firmware is version 2.90 and the databases are all from mid-2006. I think the databases (Nav, Terrain, SafeTaxi, and AOPA info) each cost $49 from Garmin, so I’ve made allowance in the price if you want to update everything. If you don’t, and you enjoy being lost and hitting uncharted obstacles, then you’re getting a helluva bargain!

Please PM me to discuss payment options and questions.

Thanks,
Rich

Attachments

• Garmin496FS.jpg
    Garmin496FS.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
PM's all received. Went to the Rush concert last night instead of checking here.

The queue is two deep right now.

Thanks for the replies.

PM's all received. Went to the Rush concert last night instead of checking here.

The queue is two deep right now.

Thanks for the replies.

Enough all ready with the handheld stuff.....what did ya think of the show?

Enough all ready with the handheld stuff.....what did ya think of the show?

LOL. The show, of course, was awesome. Hearing Moving Pictures from start to finish was the treat of the night. Presto was always one of my favorite songs, so I was glad to hear that, too. And the polka intro to La Villa Strangiato was, um, interesting. :D

Every time I watch their pre-show movie intros, I think to myself, "Alex's humor just can't get any more demented." And on the next tour, I'm proven wrong again. Last night was no exception. There's something not quite right with that boy. And he's a pilot, too!!! :eek:

Did you get a chance to see them up there earlier in the summer?

We saw them at Summerfest which was just a few dates into the tour. As Kugel would say, "it didn't suck so bad". Seriously, we had a blast. I also found out that while my brother thinks I'm a genius and my girlfriend thinks I'm a genius to a real genius I'm not a genius. Best of luck selling the 496 just so we're all keepin' it real here in the classified section. Here's to Moving Pitchers BTW! :)

Rich, My first reaction to your picture was: That sure makes a portable GPS seem less portable!!

You've got a lot of accessories for that thing!

Back