GARMIN GPS-100

ranz130

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ranz
Hi everyone,

I'm selling (USD250 including shipping to US) Garmin GPS 100. Acquired from a closed shop, sold as is. Selling this item as untested, without warranty or return. It is in nearly new condition.

Best regards,
Ranz

Last edited:
Nearly new = 20 years old. I remember that unit. First GPS I ever flew behind.

you can't stick an antenna in it, take it outside and apply 12v to it to see if it works?

Garmin still has manuals for it online, fwiw: http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/GPS100AVD_OwnersManual.pdf

The other issue, is that the memory battery is almost certainly dead. The bad news is Garmin won't touch the thing. The good news is that once you get the case open, it's a pretty standard Lithium coin battery. Two screws on the back (and you have to undo the nut on the antenna connector) and the guts slide out.

Antennas go for about $20 on ebay if it's not included.

Last edited:
Interesting color tone on the bottom/right edge of the screen.

Don't worry I will ensure completely clean and free from dirt before shipping. :)

This item is supposed to installed on MD-3 Aero Tiga Swiss Trainer but they have since been decommissioned in 2004. Since then keep in storage for a years...!!!!:yikes:

Sam,
I'm not able to send PM to you and get messages:

samrutherford has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove samrutherford from the recipient list and send the message again.

Anyway, just PM your e-mail add.

Thanks,
Ranz.

I have the Pronav 100, the ancestor to Garmin. I am keeping it because in about 50 years it will be a classic antique (me too).

José

Hi Ranz,
Is your Garmin 100 still up for sale?
Are you sure this is in working condition?
If so please email me on ekko@qfp.co.tz
Best regards, Ekko

This qty 01 GPS100 are definitely sold (thank you Ekko), and the other qty 01 still available for sale.

FlyingRon: Thank you for your willingness to share experience with a Garmin GPS 100.
icon_clap.gif

Back