Garmin glo with foreflight

marcoseddi

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
marc
So I found a garmin glo for 88 on eBay brand new thinking to get that for my foreflight and ipad mini I've heard it works and if issues just reset everything. Anybody out there using It and can recommend or just go with bad elf? Thanks

I've been flying with Foreflight on a 3g iPad1 (i.e., one equipped with an internal GPS) for over two years and haven't had any problem getting GPS. I got the 3g version because I didn't want to have to lug around another box to make it work in flight. Of course, if you get the WiFi-only version, you're going to need an external GPS. What version of the iPad Mini do you have?

I have one with 4g but I figured if u get high enough or lose connection in a dead spot it would be better to have this..

The internal iPad GPS won't 'lose signal because your too high' or anything like that. It works completely independent of the cellular side of things. I've used my iPad up into the flight levels on a commercial flight without issues. My personal opinion is to stick with the internal-GPS unless you're experiencing alot of issues. It's one less thing to charge, carry around, and connect to the iPad. I've got an ipad mini with 3g and the internal gps works perfectly fine without any issues so far. I just put my ipad on airplane mode and the gps works fine...

Guys I want to know if GLO works well with the Foreflight? And anyone using it successfully with the ipad mini?

Yes, i have Glo/automotive, and it works with FF. Glo Automotive and Aviation are the same except Automotive came with a cig. lighter plug charger.

Back