Garmin G1000 Cessna NAV III Simulator

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Does anyone have/use the Garmin G1000 Cessna Nav III Simulator (latest version is 8.20). I've been playing with it for the last few hours without a joystick hooked up and am getting frustrated because the GFC700 AP likes to kick off randomly. Has anyone else had this problem?

Attachments

• g1000.jpg
    g1000.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Nope. never used the G1000 sim. I tried flying the G1000 in Flight Sim X recently. It took me a long time to figure out how you were supposed to do a standard-rate turn.

Nope. never used the G1000 sim. I tried flying the G1000 in Flight Sim X recently. It took me a long time to figure out how you were supposed to do a standard-rate turn.

That's a RTFM issue though. :goofy:

I'll give Garmin a call on Monday...frustrating to say the least. It randomly drops nav tracking as well from my short experience using the new version.

I have the 6.01 version, but have never been able to get it to work. It says there is some bad ActiveX failure or whatever, and I haven't had the time or patience (or lets be honest the expertise) to troubleshoot the problem.

I do, and don't have that problem. However, check your joystick settings in the sim - it may be possible that one of your axes is noisy, and the AP will disconnect if thinks the pilot is trying to hand-fly.

I do, and don't have that problem. However, check your joystick settings in the sim - it may be possible that one of your axes is noisy, and the AP will disconnect if thinks the pilot is trying to hand-fly.

I don't have a joystick hooked up at the moment. I really just want to play around with the GFC700 so theoretically, I shouldn't need a joystick. Strange.

I don't have a joystick hooked up at the moment. I really just want to play around with the GFC700 so theoretically, I shouldn't need a joystick. Strange.

Check and make sure the joystick settings in the program are EMPTY - if they're set to something and there's no joystick connected, you might still get the sim thinking there's a joystick moving.

That's the only thing I can think of. I've been running it for a while now and no problems - I do have my yoke connected.

Check and make sure the joystick settings in the program are EMPTY - if they're set to something and there's no joystick connected, you might still get the sim thinking there's a joystick moving.

That's the only thing I can think of. I've been running it for a while now and no problems - I do have my yoke connected.

Yup, double checked and it looks good to me, but still having those problems. I'm going to go connect my CH Pro yoke...perhaps that will fix it.

One of the issues I've ran into with the simulator is you need a pretty fast computer to run it properly. I have a somewhat fast computer with lots of memory. I have CH yoke and it runs OK with that, but generally I just run it with the autopilot because it's pretty much worthless otherwise.

On slower computers I've notices many of the modules periodically lock up and I notice the red-x on several of the functions, which may be what you're experiencing although the autopilot may not have a red-x to denote when it momentarily goes inop.

If you buy the deluxe version of MS Flight Sim X, it has a few G1000 aircraft, including the 172. There's a few functions missing as compared to the Garmin simulator, but it isn't bad.

I used MS flight Sim X, the Garmin simulator, and Max Trescott's book to train with. By the time I got into the real thing I still had lots to learn, but I was definitely way ahead of the game.

Back