Garmin 796 XM in AirGizmos Dock?

BGF_Yankee

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
BGF_Yankee
Starting to explore SiriusXM as an in-flight entertainment option. I know the Garmin 796 is capable of receiving XM music through an external antenna. I see that with the power cable that was supplied for use on the yoke mount that there is an "audio out" and micro USB port; however, the bare wire mount utilized with the AirGizmos dock (that I've recently had installed) does not seem to support this. Is there no other way to get XM functionality without the use of the yoke mount cradle??

SOLVED THIS ISSUE. THE ANSWER IS YES, THE BARE WIRE CRADLE CAN BE WIRED DIRECTLY TO YOUR AUDIO PANEL

Okay, so new wrinkle. Got the 796 today, subscribed to XM radio, popped it into the airplane and turned it on. At max volume it was so quiet that I could hardly hear it. Checked the jacks in the back...same issue. Then I put the GMA340 into Crew Isolation mode, and could immediately hear the music coming from the headset in the back of the airplane it was so loud. What gives? Why am I not getting full volume in the front two sets of jacks when in the All setting?? Anyone else have a similar experience?

Are you using Music1 or Music2?

Also, page 7 of the GMA 340 manual states:
upload_2017-8-17_19-48-14.png

Back