Garmin 530W loading...

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
I was headed into KIOB, Mt Sterling KY this past Wednesday and was told to expect the RNAV GPS RWY 3 approach, cleared direct ZITXI. The 530 gave the choice of the RNAV 21, NDB 3, NDB 21 but no RNAV 3. The plates were there on my iPad mini 3 and Foreflight.

I advised approach I could not get the RNAV to load, I'll take the NDB 3. I ended up canceling once I had the field in sight.

Anyone else get the "Loading..." message on their screen before? I'm going to try and duplicate the issue on the ground this weekend. My plane is headed to the avionics shop for IFR cert and ADS-B install.

Last edited:
Never, 530/430 W and non W.

Bad database card?

Try reloading the data base,have both a 530 w and 430 w ,never had that problem.

Thanks all!

I updated before I left for our trip and it worked fine. The data expires on 10/17. I shot approaches local to extend my currency and both approaches, KCDI and KRAP, worked fine. It was just this one airport that displayed "loading...", yet it let me select the NDB 3 approach.

The new update is available so I'll get that loaded up on my second card and go from there.

Back