Garmin 530 Simulator

KKissmann

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
KKissmann
I am looking for a Garmin 530 Sim. I went to Garmin's website to find that the Sim is only compatible with Windows XP, but I have a Windows 7 and a Windows 10. Anyone know where I can find a sim that is compatible with these OS.

I just went through the same thing. It blows my mind that a company as large as garmin would not keep with the times.

Run in comparability mode or with a VM?

I've always just plugged my plane into a GPU and hit buttons.

Some of the Garmin sims will work fine but you need to run them in "compatibility" mode as they have some multiprocessor bugs in them.

I have a G530/430W sim that I'm running on Win7 with no compatibility mode...

There are two versions out there. One will work with Windows 7 & 8, the other one won't. Not sure without digging which is which.

There are two versions out there. One will work with Windows 7 & 8, the other one won't. Not sure without digging which is which.
I believe it's the 530W that'll work, whereas the 530 wont

The "W" simulator should work. It is similar enough to the non-"w" that you will be able to get by.

Not to hijack the thread but does the garmin 430 simulator work on W7?

Garmin stopped upgrading their dedicate Garmin 400/500 series sim years ago. If you have a newer operating system, it isn't going to work. BUT, they do have a G600 sim available for download and it includes and integrated 430/530 sim that runs just fine on Windows 7. I haven't checked it on W8 or W10, but I suspect it will work. That's the one you want.

Not to hijack the thread but does the garmin 430 simulator work on W7?

It's the same simulator, you just select whether you want it to display a 430W or 530W. Now if you're actually asking if the 430/530 (non-W) simulator works, the answer is the same as others stated above.

Garmin stopped upgrading their dedicate Garmin 400/500 series sim years ago. If you have a newer operating system, it isn't going to work. BUT, they do have a G600 sim available for download and it includes and integrated 430/530 sim that runs just fine on Windows 7. I haven't checked it on W8 or W10, but I suspect it will work. That's the one you want.

I have had no problems running the 430/530W simulator in Windows 10, and don't remember having to run it in compatibility mode (but maybe I did set that and have forgotten).

If people are looking for a non-WAAS 430/530 simulator, that's the one that doesn't seem to work, but that's a pretty minor difference - the WAAS added some good features (more than just the WAAS), but the 430/530W simulator will work just fine for people trying to learn the 430/530 (non-W). Basic menu structure and buttonology are the same.

\__[Ô]__/;1969593 said:
I'm almost positive that I've installed the Garmin trainer on a windows 7 system. As I recall, there are a couple versions of the software.

Is this the version you were looking at?
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3531

Thank you!! I was having trouble locating this as well for some reason. Works fine for me now on Windows 7.

I don't know about the 530, but the 480 has problems where it won't work reliably on any environment that has real parallelism (hyperthreading or multiple cores). Putting it into compatibility mode for some older version of windows disables that and allows it to work.

Back