Gardner KS (K34) New Year's Day Chili Lunch

4763E

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
4763E
Every New Year's Day Gardner Municipal Airport hosts its annual Chili Lunch for all pilots and friends of the airport. This Thursday looks like it will be a great day for flying. The event starts at noon. Many local folks bring chili and desserts and many folks from everywhere fly-in or drive in to eat it. Hundreds of people show up and it is always a wonderful event.

If you're in the neighborhood - or wake up Thursday morning just itching to fly someplace fun - please stop in and see us.

We'd love to see you there. :smile:

Every New Year's Day Gardner Municipal Airport hosts its annual Chili Lunch for all pilots and friends of the airport. This Thursday looks like it will be a great day for flying. The event starts at noon. Many local folks bring chili and desserts and many folks from everywhere fly-in or drive in to eat it. Hundreds of people show up and it is always a wonderful event.

If you're in the neighborhood - or wake up Thursday morning just itching to fly someplace fun - please stop in and see us.

What is the temp supposed to be?

Forecast calls for partly cloudy and 43 degrees...:smile::smile:

Hey Kim! We're still thinking of running up there. :)

Hey Kim! We're still thinking of running up there. :)

Let me know if you're coming!! I have a copy of the AOPA Flight Training magazine you were looking for. I'll bring it to you.:yes:

Let me know if you're coming!! I have a copy of the AOPA Flight Training magazine you were looking for. I'll bring it to you.:yes:
That would be great, thanks! I'll let you know. :)

Hmm. Cloudy chance of snow here in Iowa. 28 Degree high. Looks like I won't make the trip. :nonod:

If you're worried about ice, Greg, I found a solution while in Ames:

web.jpg

As to being cold, can't help you. ;)

It looks like we won't make it up for this one. I hope you guys have a great time tomorrow. :)

It looks like we won't make it up for this one. I hope you guys have a great time tomorrow. :)

I'll pop it in the mail to you.

Sorry you won't be here...we would have really enjoyed seeing you again...

Someday soon...:cheerswine:

I'll pop it in the mail to you.
Thanks! I may try to run up that way soon and perhaps I can get it from you then. It would be fun to get Barb off the farm and fly up there with her...at least to We-B-Smokin'.

Sorry you won't be here...we would have really enjoyed seeing you again...

Someday soon...:cheerswine:
I hope you all had a successful event up there. :yes:

I had a nice ride up to K34 today. Tons of food (all of which was terrific) and drink. Meet some nice folks including Kim Pardon. Very good way to spend a New Years Day. Thanks for the invitation, Kim!

I had a nice ride up to K34 today. Tons of food (all of which was terrific) and drink. Meet some nice folks including Kim Pardon. Very good way to spend a New Years Day. Thanks for the invitation, Kim!

I was delighted to meet both of you! Thank you so much for making the trip...see you at Gaston's!

Back