Garden variety annual on a light twin.

mark1727

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Markyc
I have a 1967 Piper Twin Comanche which is up for annual. How much should I expect to pay on average? I know there are a lot of variables in an annual but I'm looking for a run-of-the-mill figure. Thank you.

Between $1500 and $23,000 :rolleyes2:.

1500 would be the inspection only with nothing wrong. The other number is with two unairworthy props, rusted through exhaust and all the ADs deferred at the last ten pencil-whipped annuals.

I think weilke has the bottom end about right, but the top end could be more than double what he said if enough stuff was rotten.

Good condition figure $2500.

Sounds about right for an Apache assuming the ADs are inline and no surprises when the engine/gear is checked. Not a twinky, but same engines and about the same amount of old, expensive moving parts.

I have a single engine Cherokee and the first annual was $11,000. If the last owner differred a bunch of stuff, it is not going to be cheap. I have learned to be suspect of owners who do owner assisted annuals (I know a lot of people do this and don't shortcut, but from what I have seen it is a red flag). I flew the better part of a year on hoses that were close to 20 years old. They did a new weight and balance, because so many things had been done to the panel and not recorded. Prop was redone, alternator rebuilt, lots of sheet metal repairs, fuel selector, etc. I should have had a more competent A&P do the Pre-sale, but I didn't know better.

In this market, 2.5k buys the inspection but doesn't fix the squawks.

Sounds about right for an Apache assuming the ADs are inline and no surprises when the engine/gear is checked. Not a twinky, but same engines and about the same amount of old, expensive moving parts.

In this market, 2.5k buys the inspection but doesn't fix the squawks.

That's all an annual is is an inspection that comes with a light servicing. Anything else is extra, that's a given. That said, if you stay up on your squawks as they happen, there's no particular reason that an annual inspection need cost a great deal. The typical "annual" we did on our customers were routine and for the most part costs beyond were pre planned and put off until annual. Rarely is a 'found not in compliance' issue a surprise.

Maybe, maybe not. The 300-400 Cessnas are showing their age. Things that haven't been problems are starting to be commonplace. Ask big John.

That's all an annual is is an inspection that comes with a light servicing. Anything else is extra, that's a given. That said, if you stay up on your squawks as they happen, there's no particular reason that an annual inspection need cost a great deal. The typical "annual" we did on our customers were routine and for the most part costs beyond were pre planned and put off until annual. Rarely is a 'found not in compliance' issue a surprise.

Back