Gall Bladder Removal

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi all,

Felt yucky last Thursday night and finally went to the hospital in my small town. Had a knot on my right side and stomach ache. They diagnosed me as a Gall Bladder inflammation and shipped me to Hays by ambulance.

Thursday night, took tests, and found 2 or 3 gall stones but mainly the gall bladder had been damaged from "Deep Fried Southern Cooking." They removed the gall bladder by 4 small incisions and brought it out through the belly button. Back home now and doing fine. Have resolved to quit blowing my diet and start eating healthy.

It is amazing what the doctor's can do in this modern technology. Just thought some of you might be interested in my story.

Terry

Did they give you any of the gallstones as souvenirs? When they took out my gallbladder they gave me a gallstone that was about 1/2 by 1/4 inch in size.

My diet prior to having gallstones was not what I would have considered unhealthy - I was no fan of greasy or fried foods, among other things.

Did they give you any of the gallstones as souvenirs? When they took out my gallbladder they gave me a gallstone that was about 1/2 by 1/4 inch in size.

My diet prior to having gallstones was not what I would have considered unhealthy - I was no fan of greasy or fried foods, among other things.

No, fortunately the gall stones were small and I think they passed them through the intestine.

Came home Sunday. Finally, Monday had a long good nap and all systems returning to normal. Will stay away from American Legion tonight though. :)

Terry

p.s.> I never understood "parenting" until I had kids. Now, I am finding out I didn't understand retirement. :lol:

Glad you're feeling better.

My last gall bladder attack had me wishing I could die, and believing that my wish might just come true. Never in my life -- before or since -- have I known such pain. I couldn't even get off the floor to call 911. And even after it passed, after what seemed about a decade or two (it was actually just a few hours), I felt sick for the next few days.

The doc said my gall bladder looked like a sweat sock full of marbles when he took it out. And he's seen his share of gallbags. There were some adhesions, too. The anesthesiologist said most surgeons would have opened me up, but my guy finished the procedure laparoscopically. It took him about two hours of scraping, but he did it.

I could have kissed him. In fact, I think I did.

Anyway, if anyone needs a gall bladder doc in Long Island, let me know. I have just the guy.

-Rich

Glad you're feeling better.

My last gall bladder attack had me wishing I could die, and believing that my wish might just come true. Never in my life -- before or since -- have I known such pain. I couldn't even get off the floor to call 911. And even after it passed, after what seemed about a decade or two (it was actually just a few hours), I felt sick for the next few days.

The doc said my gall bladder looked like a sweat sock full of marbles when he took it out. And he's seen his share of gallbags. There were some adhesions, too. The anesthesiologist said most surgeons would have opened me up, but my guy finished the procedure laparoscopically. It took him about two hours of scraping, but he did it.

I could have kissed him. In fact, I think I did.

Anyway, if anyone needs a gall bladder doc in Long Island, let me know. I have just the guy.

-Rich

Wow, glad I didn't have that bad of an attack. When was all of this?

I didn't even have to take pain medication after it was over. Now, I am just sore and it hurts to cough.

I am glad it is over and I know you are.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back