Gabapentin Medicine

G

I am being prescribed Gabapentin. Does this medicine prevent me from holding a first or second class medical?

Thanks.

It will lapse at the end of July. Have one scheduled for August.
I assume you are not disclosing the use of Gabapentin.

If you are using it due to nerve damage issues (sorry, that's gotta suck), then dropping it would pave the way to a legitimate medical (at least per the thread quoted above "Letter from your prescribing doc saying what it's for, and that you have been off for 60 days.....If you have painful neuropathy, it also needs to say that your peripheral sensation is adequate for driving.")

I assume you are not disclosing the use of Gabapentin.

If you are using it due to nerve damage issues (sorry, that's gotta suck), then dropping it would pave the way to a legitimate medical (at least per the thread quoted above "Letter from your prescribing doc saying what it's for, and that you have been off for 60 days.....If you have painful neuropathy, it also needs to say that your peripheral sensation is adequate for driving.")

no, I have disclosed it but have heard nothing back from FAA. Still waiting

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard a reliable source here say one time that you can still fly; just not within 36 hours of taking the med. So if you take it every day, or even every other day, you may not have much time to fly.

It will lapse at the end of July. Have one scheduled for August.

You could go Basic Med if you can get by with its limitations. I don’t believe your condition is one of those requiring an SI before using BM.

Gabapentin is totally verboten. Need, "of record" 90 days off, and the doc's dictation as to why you needed it has to be compatible with flying.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back