GA man threatens to shoot down planes.

Oh my. "Either you do something about the airplanes, or I will."

Everyone in the article seems to be saying "He was frustrated, but its ok now." I wouldn't take it that way. That man essentially threatened terrorist action on nearby airplanes. He should be forced to move.

ah a new way to deal with annoying airport neighbors. forget noise abatement. fly lower and louder until they mouth off and say something stupid. perfect... :)

ah a new way to deal with annoying airport neighbors. forget noise abatement. fly lower and louder until they mouth off and say something stupid. perfect... :)

What an idea.

Schaumburg has very detailed departure procedures and has wasted a lot of time and money due to the complaints of exactly ONE resident east of the airport in Roselle...which is about 5 miles from O'Hare.

What an idea.

Schaumburg has very detailed departure procedures and has wasted a lot of time and money due to the complaints of exactly ONE resident east of the airport in Roselle...which is about 5 miles from O'Hare.

detailed is the right word. And it's posted all over the website and inside the FBO... 5 miles from O'Hare and he complains about a/c from 06C? Sure, makes perfect sense to me :rolleyes:

Here's another link on it from a Gwinnett Paper, closer to Winder.

Here's what I dug up using Google. Look where his house is in relation to the airport. Either there were some pretty inconsiderate pilots flying very low way out of the pattern or this guy is more messed up than appears.

The most common runway in use is 31 on the ILS. I'm confused. :dunno:

I was in Germany in 1966 and I remember a story from the local newspaper.

A german who lived below the final approach path kept complaining about low flying USAF fighter planes coming into the AFB in Frankfort. Receiving no satisfaction from his complaints, he built a large slingshot and began catapulting brötchen - a hard breakfast pastry or roll - at the planes. Soon the pilots were the ones complaining.

The case ended up in court where a cease and desist order was imposed on the German. But the court also said that if the planes were really low enough that they were in danger of being hit by brötchen, that they should fly higher. So I guess the little guy won! (note I can't remember how far from the TDZ the guy lived.)

-Skip

Back