GA around Shreveport, La

Cooter

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Cooter
Is anyone here familiar with the flying options around Shreveport? I'm looking for rental options and possibly the best place to park a plane for a while.

You are a little south for me. I remember there being a decent FBO on the field there in Shreveport, but I don't remember much from my only trip there.

Hi Cooter,
Rental airplanes are pretty limited...Tubreaux (too-bro) Aviation has C172's at dtn. Nothing at all at shv.
Parking on the dtn ramp(s) are free, a hangar space will cost around $200.00 per month.
PM me if you need more info...

Chris in Shreveport

Love me some free parking at KDTN. That ramp was my home away from every other weekend of 2012. KSSF was is also sweet with the free parking in front of the terminal. Good memories.

Hi Cooter,
Rental airplanes are pretty limited...Tubreaux (too-bro) Aviation has C172's at dtn. Nothing at all at shv.
Parking on the dtn ramp(s) are free, a hangar space will cost around $200.00 per month.
PM me if you need more info...

Chris in Shreveport

Good to know, thanks. I called down to KDTN and talked to the lady who manages the airfield a couple of days ago. The free parking is definitely a plus. It sounds like the Cessnas probably stay too busy for my purposes, plus one of them is down right now. I'll send you a PM soon to find out more about the area.

The one that is "down" did a Chinese Three Point a week ago...wing tip, prop tip and a wheel.
Next day a Maule did the same thing...
I'm waiting for the third one to take place before I fly again.
Chris

Back