GA Advocacy

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
Does anyone already have a canned presentation addressing the value of a local airport to the community? We have an education committee in the (Arkansas) River Valley Pilots Association that has provided presentations to grade school classes on "How Planes Fly" and also to local EMTs on aircraft construction (please don't cut the front door pillar to extricate people from a Cessna, etc.). We would also like to establish a speakers group to make presentations to local civic clubs and officials on the contribution of the local airport to the well being of the community. I am a firm believer in not re-inventing the wheel so if anyone has a presentation that they would be willing to share, I'd appreciate it.

Check with the AOPA. They could probably help you out. Don't forget the other alphabet organizations. Even the FAA might offer a good one for you. (Check with the local FSDO).
The EAA has the YOUNG EAGLES program. There is a booklet that GLEIM has put together which explains the principles of flight. I can send you a copy if you'd like.
Also, check BE A PILOT. Maybe you can use their website as part of your presentation. They cover a lot of what GA is really used for. Not once, do they call us spoiled rich kids!

Bobby Day said:
Does anyone already have a canned presentation addressing the value of a local airport to the community?

AOPA used to have a binder they would send you to calculate the worth of the local airport to the community...don't know if they have modernized the documents are not. If you are a member give them a call on the 800 number on Monday morning if you don't find anything on their internet site.

Len

Not having seen it, I don't know how relevant it might be, but I would think your association might want to get a copy of this in any case.

www.onesixright.com

Build me a mile of highway and I can take you a mile. Build me a mile of runway and I can take you anywhere.

Back