G5 IGRF forced software update??

Fracpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Fracpilot
Garmin installers and avionics gurus…

I’m an A&P and did the latest software update 8.17 to my personal G5’s. I’ve done several of these and many times in the past. It turns out this one had 2 different updates on the same card. The first was the regular update. It loaded normally and then restarted. The restart had another update. The second was the IGRF update. I thought the update was done and pulled the card after the restart. Just as I pulled it, it asked if I wanted to do the IGRF update. It was too late as I pulled the card and it won’t see the automatic update of the IGRF now.

I just keep getting the message IGRF update needed. Anyone know the steps to force the IGRF update? I went into the G5 settings and couldn’t find any options to force the update. Yes I reset the G5 several time with the update card installed hoping it would see the needed update.

Thank you in advance.

See p37, section 7.4 of the mx manual..
3d32b3ed9230bc51283ff0ae6451f08a.jpg

I recently updated mine to solve this issue but it only went through 1 cycle, it didn’t do a second flash you speak of.

See p37, section 7.4 of the mx manual..
3d32b3ed9230bc51283ff0ae6451f08a.jpg

Thank you. I did this, but I didn’t see the software update feature. I had a red X on #2. I’ll try it again.

Back