G5 GNX375 instrument test page

Indiana_Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Flying "B"
My G5 all of a sudden starting showing a 155 DTK during the GNX375 startup test page.. when it should be 150. All else is okay..

If I turn off the G5 PFD and run the test with only the G5 HSI it shows 150 degrees..

Any ideas?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per garmin you should see a dealer, the odd thing is .... it’s probably not the nav since the HSI is showing the right one

It’s weird... just starting doing this out of the blue.. figure maybe it’s a config issue ? I noticed it after upgrading to 6.7 on the G5 but not sure if it was actually the update causing it..

It’s weird... just starting doing this out of the blue.. figure maybe it’s a config issue ? I noticed it after upgrading to 6.7 on the G5 but not sure if it was actually the update causing it..

:eek:

I just upgraded to 6.7

I'll have to check the startup page next time I'm out at the plane. (I haven't been in the habit of verifying the minutia like I should - 150* to, etc. I see the 375 communicating with the G5 by changing its display and I think I'm good to go. Lazy! Thanks for posting this topic! I'll keep an eye out.)

:eek:

I just upgraded to 6.7

I'll have to check the startup page next time I'm out at the plane. (I haven't been in the habit of verifying the minutia like I should - 150* to, etc. I see the 375 communicating with the G5 by changing its display and I think I'm good to go. Lazy! Thanks for posting this topic! I'll keep an eye out.)

Let me know if you get a chance to check!

Uh, I think the issue in your two threads are related.

Uh, I think the issue in your two threads are related.

I thought so too but it shouldn’t be.... the only change on the G5 is removing serial data for gps location and using it for vhf nav.. the gps location data is now received from a spare antenna on top connected directly to top G5. Nav data still comes from the gad29b via arinc429. So I would assume it would still give the correct nav test data.

Maybe it’s just a bug with this setup? It’s outlined in the manual and Garmin also says the setup is correct.

I’m waiting to hear back on their thoughts.

I have version 6.7 and don’t see this variation. Don’t have 375 though

I have version 6.7 and don’t see this variation. Don’t have 375 though

Weird. The only difference is that I’m using an antenna now for GPS source for G5. When entering waypoints it will actually show correct DTK just not during the test..

Do you have the latest version on your 375 as well? 3.1

I have a 355 and 6.7, I can check in a couple hours

Mine is showing 150 and everything else as expected.

3.02. I haven’t seen an update to 3.1. Looking now

Odd. I’m only seeing 3.03 no 3.1

Nevermind. I found it. I'll update and see if it breaks mine :eek:

Nevermind again. I don't have access to the dealer resources to get the update.

Not to start a war or anything, but flashing the nav don’t think falls under preventative Mx.

Not to start a war or anything, but flashing the nav don’t think falls under preventative Mx.
Thanks for the reminder. I am aware.

Not yet... tested again and the last time it was 148 on the G5 during the test lol... something is off or something.. it always matches when actually navigating though.

I haven’t had a chance to look at it all weekend though.. going back in the morning.

Back