G1000 sim

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Is there something available that will allow me to practice on a MAC? I hate my PC.

Did the ground portion of the transition. Next time on the APU. Then the actual flying begins

Unless you want to run Windows on your Mac I don't believe so.

The 430/530 and I believe the G1000 are based on embedded Windows and the emulator runs the real code. Good in that it's true to life but not portable.

Perhaps one of the flight sims is good enough but if it's native Mac it's not running the real thing.

Sorry.

Joe

Unless you want to run Windows on your Mac I don't believe so.

The 430/530 and I believe the G1000 are based on embedded Windows and the emulator runs the real code. Good in that it's true to life but not portable.

Perhaps one of the flight sims is good enough but if it's native Mac it's not running the real thing.

Sorry.

Joe

Ahhh ok. Are you saying microsoft is in the aircraft's G1000?

I'm 99% sure it is.

Wow. OK, then do you know what's available and useful for PCs? I'm doing this transition within these two weeks, but having a computer "sim" would be nice, to keep current!

The Cessna 172 in FSX is the G1000 version yeah, but if you wanted to get really freaky, you could use a virtual machine.

Garmin has a PC Simulator for the G1000 that used to be free then $5 I'm not sure of the current price. I went looking for it on garmin.com but the best I came up with is:

All simulators, except the G1000 simulators, are available to download free of charge from our website. The CD-ROM for the G1000 simulator can be purchased through our website or by calling 1-800-800-1020.

Remember it's a G1000 simulator to teach buttonology not a flight sim. (Like the 430/530 sim)

Ben, you put Parallels on a Mac. But it occasionally forgets to find the USB ports....sigh.

Garmin has a PC Simulator for the G1000 that used to be free then $5 I'm not sure of the current price. I went looking for it on garmin.com but the best I came up with is:

All simulators, except the G1000 simulators, are available to download free of charge from our website. The CD-ROM for the G1000 simulator can be purchased through our website or by calling 1-800-800-1020.

Remember it's a G1000 simulator to teach buttonology not a flight sim. (Like the 430/530 sim)
It'll set you back about $30 bucks... and is specific to a type, such as Mooney. There will likely be a few different variants on the CD, in this instance, I was looking for the Acclaim version.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=15349#requirementsTab

Ryan

Thanks for all the information! All the hours of video has my head swimming!

Anything available if you don't have FSX?

Back