G1000 help

MachFly

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
MachFly
Any of you guys know what this green/black ring on the MFD is?
I haven't figured out exactly when it appears...seems like a high power setting is one of the requirements.

IMG_0437_zps5e3704be.jpg

Thanks

Ha, Ha, fuel reserve ring calculated off the totalizer. I see it all the time in a thirsty 206. I'm surprised you ever do, that 42 is amazingly economical.

Depending on what you set in the aux page, it tells you when you will hit your reserve fuel amount (30 min or 45 min). It takes into account fuel burn and ground speed and is based on the number set in the fuel totalizer NOT the fuel gauge. Scroll out some more and you will see a solid green ring. That's where you will run out of fuel.

I can't seem the find the settings for it, would you happen to remember where exactly I change it in the aux pages?

Yeah I'm familiar with the solid fuel ring.
IMG_0439_zps793aa820.jpg

Just a safety precaution for the SD cards with the database to stay in there, just in case.

Gotcha. Never lost one in mine yet, 5200 hours and counting. :) Have you had one fall/vibrate out? I wonder if the retaining clip is broken if so? Mine goes in with a certain "click" and won't come out unless I push in to re-engage the click mechanism.

btw love your nmpg for a twin. I've always liked DA42s.

Gotcha. Never lost one in mine yet, 5200 hours and counting. :) Have you had one fall/vibrate out? I wonder if the retaining clip is broken if so? Mine goes in with a certain "click" and won't come out unless I push in to re-engage the click mechanism.

btw love your nmpg for a twin. I've always liked DA42s.

Nope never had one fall out and it locks in place just fine (goes in with a "click" as well). It's not my airplane so if the owner wants tape there, there isn't much I can say. Honestly I never really cared much about that tape to even think twice about it.

Regarding the mpg I usually cruise at about 85% power and that gives 7.5gph per side (so 15gph total).

Back