G-D Bless America

That is a pretty good song too. I like it better than the ole bar song that we do have as our National Anthem. I think it is one of the top 5 songs about America. My absolute number 1 is Woody Gutherie's This Land is Your Land.

Last edited:
That is a pretty good song too. I like it better than the ole bar song that we do have as our National Anthem. I think it is one of the top 5 songs about America. By absolute number 1 is Woody Gutherie's This Land is Your Land.

Ah, yes, the anti-God Bless America song.

There was a big high wall there that tried to stop me;
Sign was painted, it said private property;
But on the back side it didn't say nothing;
This land was made for you and me.

As I went walking I saw a sign there
And on the sign it said "No Trespassing."

But on the other side it didn't say nothing,

That side was made for you and me.

Nobody living can ever stop me,
As I go walking that freedom highway;

Nobody living can ever make me turn back

This land was made for you and me.

In the squares of the city, In the shadow of a steeple;
By the relief office, I'd seen my people.

As they stood there hungry, I stood there asking,

Is this land made for you and me?

That is a pretty good song too. I like it better than the ole bar song that we do have as our National Anthem. I think it is one of the top 5 songs about America. My absolute number 1 is Woody Gutherie's This Land is Your Land.

Interesting thought. Along those lines my Grandmother many many years ago wrote an editorial to the Philadelphia Bulletin suggesting that our National Anthem should be America The Beautiful. She said something along the lines of the Star Spangled Banner not mentioning America and how America The Beautiful would be so much more appropriate.

I'll tell ya after hearing Ray Charles sing it I don't think I could disagree with her a very moving song and a very moving rendition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghz4_kikLkE

Interesting thought. Along those lines my Grandmother many many years ago wrote an editorial to the Philadelphia Bulletin suggesting that our National Anthem should be America The Beautiful. She said something along the lines of the Star Spangled Banner not mentioning America and how America The Beautiful would be so much more appropriate.

I'll tell ya after hearing Ray Charles sing it I don't think I could disagree with her a very moving song and a very moving rendition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghz4_kikLkE

Lovely song and rendition.

But the Star Spangled banner is -- and should remain -- our National Anthem.

Even though I think Canada has a better, more sing-along-able one.

And the old USSR one makes you wanna just go out and beat somebody at something.

Ah, yes, the anti-God Bless America song.
... which Randy Sparks and The New Christy Minstrels re-recorded in a positive fashion in 1962. Its release coincided with the Cuban Missile Crisis and was an instant hit, and the album went on to win a Grammy. It is the finale number in the group's concerts to this day.

Last edited:
Are you "proud to be an American, WHERE at least you know you're free" ? :D

I think Adam is referring to the recent Philadelphia Flyers victory that propelled them into the STANLEY CUP FINALS!

Go FLYERS!

Last edited:
Simply insufferable... :mad:

Go Blackhawks... :D

Yeah well, I remember you rolling your eyes at the Flyers chances of beating the Bruins when they were down 3-1. Time to eat crow my friend. :)

Nice way to sidestep the issue. Whatever.

I say, Go Flyers.

He's just unhappy because the Rangers are bankrupt. ;)

Really????

So did they lay this guy off???

walker_texas_ranger-show.jpg

Naw, it's more like, they aren't Chicago - that's good enough for me.

I was in Boston when the Bruins finished their Spectacular Choke; lotta long faces.

He's just unhappy because the Rangers are bankrupt. ;)

Wait, Tom Hicks' team filing? Who could be unhappy about that?

Naw, it's more like, they aren't Chicago - that's good enough for me.

I was in Boston when the Bruins finished their Spectacular Choke; lotta long faces.

Should a been at the FlyBQ Lots of :D:smile: here!!!

Back