G-1000 in pressurized aircraft

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Got to thinking today...given the large hole in the fuselage to vent the G-1000 fan, how do they install in pressurized aircraft?

Got to thinking today...given the large hole in the fuselage to vent the G-1000 fan, how do they install in pressurized aircraft?

Richard,

Large hole in the fuselage? I assume you're talking about a Cessna, and that hole is not for the G1000, it's for the air conditioning. :yes:

Richard,

Large hole in the fuselage? I assume you're talking about a Cessna, and that hole is not for the G1000, it's for the air conditioning. :yes:
I thought the air conditioner was that big fan in front? I tend to sweat when its shuts off.

:goofy:

Why would you not just vent the G1000 with the cabin air? That air would be coming in from the pressurization system at a temp to keep the cabin at a nominal temperature that should provide adequate heat exchange with the electronic equipment.

They treat it just like any other avionics (inside the pressure vessel) in pressurized airplanes - a fan circulates air at ambient temperature, and the cooling system is designed with the heat load of the avionics as well as the pax in mind.

I don't know if the G1000 modules in the Mustang are inside the pressure vessel or not. I would expect so, since it's easier to cool with dense air.

Back