FutWut Alliance Airshow?

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
Howdy, fellow Texans, Okies and other pilots from surrounding states.
Is anybody thinking of flying to the FutWut (Fort Worth) Alliance Airshow that takes place Oct 15-16?
http://www.allianceairshow.com

I was very excited about it and was planning on going until I found this strange blurb on their website:
"At this time we are unable to accommodate fly-in traffic on Friday – Sunday. The closest airport to AFW is Meacham Airport "

Is this a joke or real? Airshow that does not allow airplanes? I have never been to one like that. What is the point of flying to it if I have to rent a car to go the last few miles anyway?

I assume I am not the only one thinking that it might be a fun airshow nonetheless.
So what do y'all do for air travel to the airshow? Cab? Uber? Rental? Bus?
Constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. Snide and snarky comments will likely be ignored. ;)

It's starting to become more common. Falcon Field air show last year didn't allow fly-ins either. I guess they got tired of dealing with the traffic and busing people across the field. You'd think they could use the extra gas money at the FBO.

Howdy, fellow Texans, Okies and other pilots from surrounding states.
Is anybody thinking of flying to the FutWut (Fort Worth) Alliance Airshow that takes place Oct 15-16?
http://www.allianceairshow.com

I was very excited about it and was planning on going until I found this strange blurb on their website:
"At this time we are unable to accommodate fly-in traffic on Friday – Sunday. The closest airport to AFW is Meacham Airport "

Is this a joke or real? Airshow that does not allow airplanes? I have never been to one like that. What is the point of flying to it if I have to rent a car to go the last few miles anyway?

I assume I am not the only one thinking that it might be a fun airshow nonetheless.
So what do y'all do for air travel to the airshow? Cab? Uber? Rental? Bus?
Constructive advice would be greatly appreciated. Snide and snarky comments will likely be ignored. ;)
Hicks - T67 is actually closer to alliance. They likely are not allowing traffic because they currently have 16R/34L closed. They are working to extend both runways to 11,000ft. Both ILSes are also currently out. Idk.. just a guess as to why there is no fly in traffic allowed.

Hicks does look close, you're right. Any idea how to get from Hicks to KAFW, though?
I'd expect that somebody with a bus would love to make a killing that weekend. :) Afterall, this is the land of opportunity, is it not?

No idea how to get out of there besides an uber. How many people are expected to fly in for the airshow?

I happen to know of a great place at Meacham! One of the finest POA staffed fbo's in the country!

Back