Future plans

Husqedge

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jack
Hi, I'm 18 (in april 19). I'm a polish and I'm living in Poland. Now, I'm in recruitment process to Polish Air Force Academy, where I want to be military pilot on airplanes type f16 or mig29 etc. My future plans depends of geting into the army. If I get the chance to be pilot in PL, okey no problem. But I've "plan b". My mother lives in USA, so I've chance to living in USA. As all you know, aviation is a love for whole life and If I'll be in usa I want to try became a military pilot in USA. I know that one of needs to be us pilot is a citizenship, so i need five years or maybe less If that will be possible ;). In all I much want to be a test pilot (supersonic jets). If I'll come to Us, what should I do? Begin learning in college (electronics or other courses of study like this), or maybe begin learning in one of military school? My all life pending on aviation subjects so I don't give up. What I have a real chance to be pilot in us (military jets like f-16 or higher models :p), and what should I do to fulfill my children dream?
Best regards, Jack.

If your mother is American, don't forget to see about the US military as well.

Go to college (or as they say in the rest of the world, "university") and get a degree in aeronautical engineering. That will be useful if you ever plan to be a test pilot...or any other pilot for that matter.

You won't be flying jets here without a college degree.

Unless...

The US Army has a program called "High school to flight school" if you want to skip college and go straight to flying helicopters.

Or, you could go to college and fly civil airplanes like many of us.

Thank's for answers:).

I can't imagine the situation when I'm not going to college/university but I don't what should I choose a course of study.

To be pilot I must choose a aeronautical engineering? Can't I choose for example physics and electronics or similar connection?

I like this site :)

Choose any subject you like for college. The point of college, for pilot qualification in the US, seems to be not what you learned, but just that you had the personal ability to finish it.

I can't imagine the situation when I'm not going to college/university but I don't what should I choose a course of study.

To be pilot I must choose a aeronautical engineering? Can't I choose for example physics and electronics or similar connection?

DO NOT get a degree starting with the word "aeronautical". As you suggest above, get a degree in something that is marketable outside of aviation. You can fly with any degree, but if flying doesn't pan out then you need something marketable.

If I had it to do over again, I'd be a plastic surgeon specializing in breast augmentation.

Your patients all love you, they pay you a fortune, and you look at boobs all day.

Plenty of $$$$ for flying. :wink2:

Not necessarily, structural engineering, electronic, computer... Engineering, all viable degrees if you have your eyes set on Test Pilot School. Modern fighters are as much software challenges as anything else.

Where in the US is your mom? There are opportunities through the ROTC programs at many universities, especially technical ones, that will provide both guidance and financial assistance towards your education.

BTW, unless it has changed recently, the US Navy flies more planes than the USAF.

My mom lives in Ilionis, near Chicago.

Regarding the school for pilots, it is the least important. The main thing is to fly fighters:).

I can serve in Navy or US Air Force or other :). I read about the requirements for test pilot school. I must have necessary raid on the appropriate jets type.

Thanks!! Jack:)

My mom lives in Ilionis, near Chicago.

Regarding the school for pilots, it is the least important. The main thing is to fly fighters:).

I can serve in Navy or US Air Force or other :). I read about the requirements for test pilot school. I must have necessary raid on the appropriate jets type.

Thanks!! Jack:)
Jack, what do you mean with the word "raid"?

Back