Funny story

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Here's one for the books. I can't stop laughing!

Zantop used to have scheduled runs all over the US moving cargo at night. Moving bodies was not uncommon. One night coming out of Boston, they had a casket with an enclosed beloved. The L-188 takes off starts back to the sort point at YIP. There are usual jokes; about do you think he would prefer to sit in first class etc. At 3 AM over the Rochester, there is knock on the cockpit door, now you talk about being wide-awake, everyone is looking at each other to ensure it is not one of them. It is not, there is someone on the other side of the door. It dark, quite, middle of the night, and you have no explanation why someone from the back of the airplane is knocking on the door. The Capt. says to the FE, "Check that out", FE says "BS, I am senior to the FO have him check it out", The F/O goes back to the door having no idea what to expect, but fearing there is a dead man standing just out side the door. He opens the door and there is a man standing. The young man says "I am freezing, it is colder than hell back there." Turns out he is a loader from Boston who fell asleep in the back of the airplane during the load, no body missed him and he just rode in the back until the middle of New York when it got too cold to stay in the back.

Back