Funds wired, new avatar

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Well, a sad day. The Pitts sale became official when the wire transfer hit my account. Now I gotta come up with a new avatar ... (among other things)

:(

Frank Browne said:
Does this move leave you planeless now Ken? Are you looking for another bird?
In fact, I am now planeless and I am looking for another plane, Frank. Looking for a partnership in pretty much anything with 6 seats. Know anybody?

I had 3 potential partners in a Lance/Saratoga, but when it came down to "let's go look at THIS one" two of them came up with excuses not to get an airplane "at this time." One guy is in, but he leans toward a Cherokee Six, which is pretty slow for my wants. I'd love a B55.

Always sad to see 'em go. Now what are you gonna fly for hours and hours by hand to Gastons?

Ken Ibold said:
Know anybody?

Wish I did! I sure hope you can find some good partners soon Ken! I know how I'd feel going from a Pitts to......

Good luck with your search!

You would look great in a 1957 Apache (fresh annual).:yes:
ApacheBob

but the pitts was such a nice XC machine!

Ken Ibold said:
Chip's Extra?
Hey - that's what the waiter said at that hokey wanna-be mexican restaurant I tried last week!!!

Ken:

Did you see the post on the Red Board about the partnership--actually fractional ownership being offered on a B-55 based at FXE? Don't know if it has any appeal. It's under ownership. Posted today.

Best,

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Ken:

Did you see the post on the Red Board about the partnership--actually fractional ownership being offered on a B-55 based at FXE? Don't know if it has any appeal. It's under ownership. Posted today.

Best,

Dave
Thanks, Dave, but FXE is, oh, 258 nm from here...

Cesssna 205. Seats six, 11.5 gph 135 kts 1500 useful at 11,000 feet. Not what you wanted, but what you need. No partners necessary.

Dave Siciliano said:
Ken:

Best,

Dave

OK, I've been dying to ask for months but thought eventually I'd figure it out by context (NOT)....What is the "Red Board"?

Pjsmith said:
OK, I've been dying to ask for months but thought eventually I'd figure it out by context (NOT)....What is the "Red Board"?

AOPA's webboard.

Ken:

What I found in the past, is it's very difficult to find a good plane, partners, financing, etc. all at the same time. Find the plane you want and buy it!! Then allow a partner or two to come in. That way, you're in better control of everything. You do take a bit more risk, but you get partnership docs that work for you and get to chose the partners. There's no reason you can't get something extra back for all that when you admit partner that understand what you've done.

Best,

Dave

Ken Ibold said:
Well, a sad day. The Pitts sale became official when the wire transfer hit my account. Now I gotta come up with a new avatar ... (among other things)

Well, it is a sad day and a sad avatar. You need a more perky look. If you run out of ideas, here's the Moon Pie photo. :D

Attachments

• Ken and the Moon Pie.JPG
    Ken and the Moon Pie.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 37
Diana said:
Well, it is a sad day and a sad avatar. You need a more perky look. If you run out of ideas, here's the Moon Pie photo. :D
It was a sad avatar. I reverted to my pre-Pitts one.

Ken Ibold said:
It was a sad avatar. I reverted to my pre-Pitts one.

I didn't catch why you sold the Pitts? Need to haul family? So you're going from a 300Z to a Suburban? :(

Anthony said:
I didn't catch why you sold the Pitts? Need to haul family? So you're going from a 300Z to a Suburban? :(
Twin turbo Porsche Carrera to a Chrysler minivan is more like it.

The new job requires some travel, and I just cannot stomach the airlines. Plus we've been talking about traveling with the kids more instead of just hanging at the beach house or going out on the boat.

Ken Ibold said:

The new job requires some travel, and I just cannot stomach the airlines. Plus we've been talking about traveling with the kids more instead of just hanging at the beach house or going out on the boat.
Well, Ken, welcome to midlife. 8411Z was my second owned aircraft.

This isn't what you want but it is what you need: 1964 C-205. KX155/125, DME, Loran, Custom T panel, modern gyros, standby vacuum, hangared. More! $55,000. The 206 Express. VT/(802) 893-0117; FAX-0119. http://www.the206express.com
http://tappix.com/751840

I know, I know, it's a big pig. But it's a big COMFORTABLE pig that has a near bulletproof IO470U and 84 gallons of fuel, a 1500 pound useful load. Those Three KIDS have a LOT OF STUFF.

Were it just your personal transportation, I suggest an O320 Globe Swift or the like. There's a nice example for sale here in Peoria. But you can hardly get Catherine into the other seat let alone the family.

Attachments

• 8411Z.JPG
    8411Z.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
bbchien said:
This isn't what you want but it is what you need: 1964 C-205. I know, I know, it's a big pig.

Ugh. Sigh......:(

Ken Ibold said:

That reminds me, I have a friend that's been brokering Beechcraft for about 40 years. He's mostly retired, but I was talking to him the other day and he mentioned that he's got three or four nice Barons for sale. His planes are generally in pretty good shape but may or may not have the latest avionics. He said one could be had for "less than $150k" and another (for a bit more money) was a fairly recent model with a little over 700 total time.

I'd be happy to go test fly them for you:D.

Ken Ibold said:

Ken,

You go through airplanes like I go through bicycles... next time Jessie isn't so pleased with a new bike I'm looking at, I'll say "At least I'm not going through planes like some guy I know . . ." :p

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley said:
Ken,

You go through airplanes like I go through bicycles... next time Jessie isn't so pleased with a new bike I'm looking at, I'll say "At least I'm not going through planes like some guy I know . . ." :p

Cheers,

-Andrew
LOL!

Hey, it's only been 4 airplanes in 12 years. Yeah, the Pitts was a flash in the pan. Were it not for my need to travel I'da kept it. Sure was fun!!!!

Back