Fun night down in the mid-Atlantic!

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
After a 4.5 hr delay, we finally got to get the heck out of ORF and go to EWR. One sad excuse for a quick turn later, we were on our way home. See the photo below for how that went... We thought we took a ltg strike at one point, but neither of us (or the rampers, or the mechanics) could find a burn mark; it must have just come really close! Another fun night flying the mid-Atlantic!

Oh, and while the track is from our departure from EWR, notice the steep turn practice we got just south of the field. N90 was so busy, they wouldn't accept us, so we got the scenic 270* turn on course by way of vectors in 20* increments. Normal routing takes us straight down the coast over SBY and CCV (COL WHITE V1 CCV ORF). Not so tonight!

Attachments

• EWR to ORF track through storms.gif
    EWR to ORF track through storms.gif
    69.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
That's some serious weather, Matt. Fun!

You are nuts.

:D

Hey, Matt:

Here in Maine, as of about 7:00 this morning there were still about 30 towns(Central Maine Power regions) out of power. There was wild T & L and torrential rain after about 10:00 last night. At 9:45(last night), upon the first inkling of a few light flashes, I shut the computer down and went to get the flashlights in the ready.

At about 10:15 I went to the spare refrigerator("Bud" storage) in the furnace room. When I had the door open about a foot I took a jolt at my right hand and it went right up to my shoulder. It didn't knock me down but it moved me back about 2 feet. The power stayed on for about another ten minutes.

When the power came back on at 9:30 this morning I received a telephone call from a CMP lineman asking if my power was back. I told him about my jolt and he said that was about the time a transformer just down from me was literally decimated by a strike.

HR

Damn, Harley! Glad to hear you're alright! That sounds unpleasant, to say the least. You guys have been having a really rough week up north, it seems like. Even worse than down here!

Makes you want to come back to Maine doesn't it Matt! :D

Glad you're ok Harley!

Back