Fun Flight with Dad

mjburian

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Marty
I managed to find some time when I was in town and both my Dad and the plane were available, so we flew down to Clow International for brunch this morning. Fun little flight, great (active!) GA airport and even managed to sneak two practice approaches in along the way (one on the way down, one back at home). It's days like this that remind me how lucky I am. :)

If you have Google Earth (and 10 minutes to kill), you can "follow along" on a Google Earth tour of the flight: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oz9urhivb70bg3k/kmwc to 1c5.kmz?dl=0

Great .,always good to fly with family.

Sorry - would like to see but not signing up for anything.

Sorry - would like to see but not signing up for anything.

You shouldn't need to sign up for anything to grab the file I shared. (If so, let me know.) But it will require that you either already have Google Earth or you'll need to download/install that. Which, honestly, probably isn't worth doing if the only thing you'll use it for is to watch the tour I shared.

THAT. IS. AWESOME!

Thanks! I only just recently figured out how to turn my ForeFlight track logs into tours, but it still surprises me how lightweight they are (83K?!).

Dad was teaching people to fly back in the 70s and is AMAZED by this kind of stuff being available to GA pilots. He said "You have more capability in your iPad right now than our entire company had when I first started airline flying." After instructing me through my PPL and IR, he finally asked me for some "dual instruction" on Foreflight on his iPad the other day. ;)

Back