Fun flight from Chicago- NOT

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
I connected in Chicago from Dulles yesterday. The connection to Omaha was overbooked- they put me on the next flight (with a free ticket anywhere in the lower 48 states usable in the next year).

The next flight was delayed- they were waiting on a plane from Baltimore that had mechanical problems with a class trip on it. The Omaha flight left nearly 2 hours late.

After arrival in Omaha- found my car with a flat tire. I was able to pump it up (slow leak) & get home by 1AM.

Oh fun!

See! Wouldn't the prospect of you leaving for Gaston's in the morning make all of that seem insignificant?

It would- except I gotta go to Germany :(

After that- out to NJ to get my wife- we sold the townhouse so she'll be out her in about 2 weeks. :)

It would- except I gotta go to Germany :(

After that- out to NJ to get my wife- we sold the townhouse so she'll be out her in about 2 weeks. :)

That's great news. I'm sure the thought of that is even better than a trip to Gaston's.

I connected in Chicago from Dulles yesterday. The connection to Omaha was overbooked- they put me on the next flight (with a free ticket anywhere in the lower 48 states usable in the next year).

The next flight was delayed- they were waiting on a plane from Baltimore that had mechanical problems with a class trip on it. The Omaha flight left nearly 2 hours late.

After arrival in Omaha- found my car with a flat tire. I was able to pump it up (slow leak) & get home by 1AM.

Oh fun!

I - just - know the delays were really caused by improper funding of the FAA Nexgen system....

No no no... it was all of the "Little Hotshots" that got to taxi in front of the airliners and clogged up the skies!

No no no... it was all of the "Little Hotshots" that got to taxi in front of the airliners and clogged up the skies!

That inspires a response to the airline propoganda:

Ask when was the last time you were on an airliner and you saw anything other than another airliner on the taxiway.

That inspires a response to the airline propoganda:

Ask when was the last time you were on an airliner and you saw anything other than another airliner on the taxiway.

Be really careful. At mid-sized airports like SAT, small aircraft make up a significant number of the airplanes.

If you actually talk to passengers on flights, you'll hear a mix of envy and desire to fly privately and avoid the metal mailing tubes. It's gotten that bad.

Be really careful. At mid-sized airports like SAT, small aircraft make up a significant number of the airplanes.

If you actually talk to passengers on flights, you'll hear a mix of envy and desire to fly privately and avoid the metal mailing tubes. It's gotten that bad.

And THAT'S why we need new legislation to close the GA loophole. :D

Back