Fuel Prices,....

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
Found this online. With the fuel prices and surcharges around, I found this funny,... :eek:

Attachments

• Dumb Idea.jpg
    Dumb Idea.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 61
Yup; funny. I wish my house could fly. 100 gal. of furnace oil was delivered the other day - $3.949 per gal. At Wiscasset Airport, same day, 100LL was at $4.80 per gal.

HR

That's about what our prices for heating oil are now,.. I prepurchased at 2.67,.. glad I did. It's going to hurt this year.

BTW I paid $3.75/gal yesterday at 10C. They have been running weekend fuel specials at cost to get more people onto the airport. They are trying to promote the airport to new tenets and customers to the maintenance shop. They are even running service specials. Nice to see an airport trying to attract GA instead of driving them off for the jet crowd.

At least you guys aren't on propane...ouch!

My other house, unoccupied since last June, has been heated -- simply maintained at 55° -- during the winter months by propane. On the market since October 11, it's under contract for a May 08 sale to a party from Virginia Beach, VA. After that, no more taxes, heat, water bill -- collectively, a considerable monthly savings.

HR

Attachments

• Topsham_1 021408.jpg
    Topsham_1 021408.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 10
Back