FTP Download with auto resume/retry

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
OK, for Windows, looking for suggestions on the best free FTP client out there that supports automatic retries and resumable downloads, to help with downloading large files that sometimes time out.

Is that a question, or your informed opinion? :)

Yes. :D

I use FileZilla, and while I haven't used any stop-and-go transfers, it is pretty feature rich, so I am assuming that it would be able to do what you want. Plus, it's freeware.

Thanks, I'll try both suggestions... Mike's looks like a good product, but is only free for 30 days. Not saying I won't buy it, sometimes that small fee is worth it if the product has that polished supported base.

SmartFTP is the way to go. I usually use command line FTP, because I'm used to it and it works faster for me for some reason, but when I have a bunch of folders I need to move, SmartFTP is the way to go.

I used to use LameFTP, but I don't think it exists anymore.

Thanks, I'll try both suggestions... Mike's looks like a good product, but is only free for 30 days. Not saying I won't buy it, sometimes that small fee is worth it if the product has that polished supported base.

The way I remember I got a free version of SmartFTP before they changed the policy, but there's a slim chance I actually paid for it. :D

The way I remember I got a free version of SmartFTP before they changed the policy, but there's a slim chance I actually paid for it. :D

I'm pretty sure SmartFTP is still free for non-commercial use.

Back