FSS input

Gotta give him credit for addressing the populace. However, he made no reference to FSS having limited to no knowledge of "your local area" (my quotes).

You know, I can hear him talking, but it's like 'I don't hear him saying anything'.

You know, I can hear him talking, but it's like 'I don't hear him saying anything'.

He's saying that they're answering calls real fast now and luckily, there are no deaths you can blame on them during the weeks things were FUBARed so what's the problem?

...and we can tell you how many calls we handled, which is a BIG number. Nobody has the number of how many calls didn't get handled. All you guys know about is one or two tries you gave up on each.

Bart Simpson: "You can't prove anything!"

Well, he's addressing the issue. He is also forgetting the promise of "30 second hold times" and saying that anything higher is acceptable is a falsehood.

We actually had good service from them over numerous interactions during our recent trip to FL. Though there were some transmitter problems in the Atlanta area that caused some difficulty.

On the afss.com site I found the following quick reference cheat sheet that helps get around the horrid voice recognition system: http://www.afss.com/news/download/afsscard.pdf

AOPA is doing another survey to determine how LM has been doing in the past 30 days. It is only 3 pages, but needs to be done by Friday. If you've used AFSS in the past 30 days and participated in the first survey or have an interest in participating in this one, drop me a PM and I'll send you the link to the survey.

AOPA is doing another survey to determine how LM has been doing in the past 30 days. It is only 3 pages, but needs to be done by Friday. If you've used AFSS in the past 30 days and participated in the first survey or have an interest in participating in this one, drop me a PM and I'll send you the link to the survey.
Sign me up!

BTW: why not just post the link?

I sent you the link. And they specifically said they wanted the survey going out to "a few of your trusted pilot friends", so I didn't feel right in doing just a posting on a board that Google captures. I figure if they wanted it posted, they'd have done so themselves.

Back