FS2004 MegaScenery packs--worth it?

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
It is, if you want a realistic visual flight experience, in my opinion. I've been the happy owner of MegaScenery Pacific Northwest and Dallas/Fort Worth packs, and this past week they had an inventory blow-out sale, with many of their products for $4.95 instead of the usual $20-30 dollars per area.

I picked up SoCal, NorCal, Denver, Atlanta, and the Mid-Atlantic states for just over $40 (DVDs and approach books shipped to my door).

If you've not experienced their products before, you'd be amazed at the difference. Having grown up in the Pacific Northwest/Seattle area, I can attest to how much more accurate their scenery is than the out-of-the-box Microsoft product, which often repeats the same "tile" over and over again (as I found out when I flew from KSTJ to KAMW on FS2004 in prep for the Glide-A-Thon).

This time, I took before and after pictures of Big Bear Airport in SoCal, from the exact same lat/long/altitude/heading. The only difference in the two pictures is my pitch was different between the two, but it will give you the idea. Also attached is a Google Earth representation from that same location.

I'd be interested in any other FS2004/FSX add-ons you PC Pilots think are worthwhile.

Attachments

• Big Bear FS2004.jpg
    Big Bear FS2004.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Big Bear FS2004 MegaScenery.jpg
    Big Bear FS2004 MegaScenery.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Big Bear Google Earth.jpg
    Big Bear Google Earth.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 14
Back