FS: The Tron Guy's airplane

I still don't know what it the Tron stuff is, other than they are a company that sells ground support equipment to FBO's an maintenance shops. Jay is a good guy anyway, sorry he's in a trap. I think I qualify on all counts for your definition other than worrying about the medical (until June 2011).

It should go up on Barnstormers and/or TAP and/or etc... without all the Tron Guy nonsense. Seriously, many people will be put off by such shenanigans; I think that those most interested in Jay's plane (older IFR-rated pilots in fear of medical issues) are least likely to be plugged into popular culture. The first time I myself ever heard of the Tron Guy was from Jay himself. From everything I've seen it appears to be a fine aircraft and should sell itself.

I still don't know what it the Tron stuff is, other than they are a company that sells ground support equipment to FBO's an maintenance shops.
Nope.

Tron is a movie from the 1980's it was one of the first to use extensive computer graphics. I remember going to see it when it first came out and was impressed. Jay dresses up similar to the characters that were in the movie when they were inside the computer world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_(film)

There is even a link in there to Jay

The way things are, I'd have to have two or three to have any chance of keeping up my end of the deal, and I'm not sure there's that kind of demand around Fairmont.
Any chance a lease back would work out for you?

Or is the demand just too small with too high a barrier to entry due to insurance?

That probably explains it. I am not a movie goer.
Nope.

Tron is a movie from the 1980's it was one of the first to use extensive computer graphics. I remember going to see it when it first came out and was impressed. Jay dresses up similar to the characters that were in the movie when they were inside the computer world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_(film)

There is even a link in there to Jay

The way things are, I'd have to have two or three to have any chance of keeping up my end of the deal, and I'm not sure there's that kind of demand around Fairmont.

Jay, there are plenty of flying farmers that you don't know about. Put an ad on Craig's list (free), and put up fliers around at local airports (good excuse to go fly) ask around (without the Tron suit on) and see what interest you get. You may be surprised!

Just make sure you loose the Tron suit when looking for partners. Sorry Jay, it's time has come and GONE! :yes:. I'm not trying to be mean, but the demand for partners in a aircraft are low enough, add a spandex suit that lights up and the market share drops to zero. :nono: Pilots just won't take you serious. Other may tell you to keep it, but they are trying not to hurt your feelings, and neither am I. Just separate the suit from the plane, what you do on your own time is none of my business, helping you market (and keep) your plane is.

Last edited:
Sums up my thoughts as well. The Tron suit does not say anything about the aircraft other than it's color scheme, which looks fine even if you don't know anything about Tron. It is a really nice example of it's type, and that in and of itself should be enough to fetch you top dollar.

Celebrities tend to be wealthy, and many are pilots. As such their airplanes go on the market from time to time. You might pay extra to purchase John Travolta's car, but no one was willing to pay extra to buy his Vampire, it sold for about what a Vampire went for at the time. Airplanes are so get-out expensive that the celebrity premium is likely to be dwarfed by the asking price.

My own wording was unnecessarily harsh, and I do apologize. Far be it for a person who just came back from a Origami convention to disparage anyone else's avocation.

Last edited:
Just make sure you loose the Tron suit when looking for partners. Sorry Jay, it's time has come and GONE! :yes:. I'm not trying to be mean, but the demand for partners in a aircraft are low enough, add a spandex suit that lights up and the market share drops to zero. :nono: Pilots just won't take you serious. Other may tell you to keep it, but they are trying not to hurt your feelings, and neither am I. Just separate the suit from the plane, what you do on your own time is none of my business, helping you market (and keep) your plane is.
This has drifted off-topic. I'll confine myself to noting that your view is not the one I get most, especially from people who aren't hiding behind their keyboards, and that I just made some money a few days ago for an appearance in the costume...hardly what you'd expect from something whose time has passed.

This has drifted off-topic. I'll confine myself to noting that your view is not the one I get most, especially from people who aren't hiding behind their keyboards, and that I just made some money a few days ago for an appearance in the costume...hardly what you'd expect from something whose time has passed.

Jay, being able to make money dressing up in any suit has nothing to do with trying to find 3-4 partners for your airplane so you can afford to keep it.

Jay,

You should call up Jimmy Kimmel and give him a flight lesson or three. :yes: They do pay, right?

Replied in PM.

Replied back in PM.

Jay thinks I'm being too hard on him about the suit. All I'm trying to do is point out there just may be pilots in the area that would want to join a partner ship arrangement so he can keep the plane, and I am trying to give him my best advice to accomplish that goal.

Good luck Jay / Tron dude.

Last edited:
Unless you have a lien on the airplane or a secret hankering to own the suit, give it a rest. It's Jay's plane, Jay's money, Jay's suit and Jay's call. As they said in the army "and the water is free, I'll wash it as fast as I want to."
Replied back in PM.

Jay thinks I'm being too hard on him about the suit. All I'm trying to do is point out there just may be pilots in the area that would want to join a partner ship arrangement so he can keep the plane, and I am trying to give him my best advice to accomplish that goal.

Replied back in PM.

So one post would have been fine but to be in a continual pi$$ing contest about it is ridiculous.

Unless you have a lien on the airplane or a secret hankering to own the suit, give it a rest. It's Jay's plane, Jay's money, Jay's suit and Jay's call. As they said in the army "and the water is free, I'll wash it as fast as I want to."

+1 :yes:

Replied back in PM.

So noted... Time to move on....

Nope. For more fun pick gender neutral.

Tracy, ... Dana, Leslie(!), ...(damn my old brain is broken)

Sam, Tony (when spoken), Pat, Rene, Sal, Lou, etc.

Kim!! Carol (Pope JP II)

Kelly!

MIAMI (AP) — This October, Kelly Hildebrandt will vow to share her life with a man who already shares her name.

This is no joke. Kelly Katrina Hildebrandt, 20, and Kelly Carl Hildebrandt, 24, expect just over 100 guests at a ceremony at the Lighthouse Point Yacht & Racquet Club in South Florida, where they will become husband and wife.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-ap-us-same-name-wedding,0,6810193.story

Ha I had a case where I represented the Buyer of a Business and the seller's attorney and I were communicating by phone a lot his name was Tracy Hunt, of the firm of Hunt & Hunt. He practiced with his wife whos name was ..... of course Tracy Hunt. IIRC she used her maiden name at work but it was interesting.

I'll confine myself to noting that your view is not the one I get most, especially from people who aren't hiding behind their keyboards, and that I just made some money a few days ago for an appearance in the costume...

Was the party for little Johnny's fourth or fifth birthday?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry Jay, just couldn't help myself. I hope your situation has improved to the point where you can afford to keep that gorgeous airplane.

Last edited:
That is one sweet airplane. Sorry to hear about you having to sell it because of the economy.

Good luck!

I guess I'm wondering if you ever went to Oregon to see the girl you got the marriage proposal from?

Jay you were not at 6Y9, what is going on with your plane. Did it sell, is it pickled or are you still flying :fcross: ?
I would have loved to make it to 6Y9, but there was just no way. It's sitting, waiting for someone to be able to fly it.

I guess I'm wondering if you ever went to Oregon to see the girl you got the marriage proposal from?
That never worked out, somehow.

Back