FS: LightSpeed Zulu (Used)

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Selling my LightSpeed Zulu which is about 1.5 years old and works great. Asking $645. Please PM or email if interested. It comes with original hard shell case, paperwork, and accessory cables.

Last edited:
I gotta say...

That's quite interesting. You can buy a new pair for $750 (or less) and someone paid (presumably) 86% the going price for a 1.5 year old set.

Me?

I'll buy new before I spend over 50% for a used product. The warranty/risk/reward equation just doesn't work for me otherwise.

But...

...with that said...

...congrats on getting them sold.

And...

...with that said...

...if I list something for sale here it will be for 50% the current best "new asking price".

I'm with you Tim, but he did say "Sold". He didn't say "sold for the asking price".

I gotta say...

That's quite interesting. You can buy a new pair for $750 (or less) and someone paid (presumably) 86% the going price for a 1.5 year old set.

Me?

I'll buy new before I spend over 50% for a used product. The warranty/risk/reward equation just doesn't work for me otherwise.

But...

...with that said...

And...

...with that said...

...if I list something for sale here it will be for 50% the current best "new asking price".

That's why I included the word "presumably"! :)

And...

...why I said I'll never ASK over 50% the "street price" in the first place.

I gotta say...

Me?

But...

...with that said...

And...

...with that said...

One thing to keep in mind is that Lightspeed has great customer service and happily repairs their products. Even if you bought one used and it turned out to be a dud they'd likely take care of you. This raises the resell value quite a bit over other products.

I didn't buy this particular headset from Jason but I did borrow it from the guy who did and flew with it for about 3 hours. Worked perfectly. So much so that I just ordered my own Zulu.

<snip>

<snip>

That is my rule of thumb as well.

Brian

That is my rule of thumb as well.

Brian

For many things I could agree, but there are always exceptions. Why would one price something at 50% of new when said item sells instantly on ebay for 75% of new?

Think used airplanes.... If I could get a used Cirrus, Cessna, Piper, or Boeing for 50%, I'd jump. As it is, many planes on the market are 500% MORE than when sold new.
Not all generalizations work.

Back