FS: Lightspeed Zulu 2

Gadgetman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Darren
SOLD

I have to sell my Zulu 2 because they are not TSO'd and I'm getting ready to fly with the Regional Airlines. They are used and working perfectly. I have the original box and all the accessories that came with it.

Asking $700 shipped anywhere in continental US.
Paypal: n4vfr@aol.com

Best Regards,
Darren

Attachments

• DSC07530.JPG
    DSC07530.JPG
    739 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC07531.JPG
    DSC07531.JPG
    816 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC07532.JPG
    DSC07532.JPG
    737.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC07533.JPG
    DSC07533.JPG
    746.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC07534.JPG
    DSC07534.JPG
    751.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC07535.JPG
    DSC07535.JPG
    896.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC07536.JPG
    DSC07536.JPG
    761.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I didn't know that such an extremely popular brand wouldn't cut your company's muster ( I have and LOVE my Pair)

Sorry for this part of the post...but Non-TSO'd headset? TSO as per defined on the FAA website:

"A TSO is a minimum performance standard for specified materials, parts, and appliances used on civil aircraft. When authorized to manufacture a material, part, or appliances to a TSO standard, this is referred to as TSO authorization. Receiving a TSO authorization is both design and production approval."

I guess they are looking at the appliance part...but what is the definition of appliance per 14 CFR 1.1?:

"Appliance means any instrument, mechanism, equipment, part, apparatus, appurtenance, or accessory, including communications equipment, that is used or intended to be used in operating or controlling an aircraft in flight, is installed in or attached to the aircraft, and is not part of an airframe, engine, or propeller."

What in the heck does this have to do with headsets? Its not an installed item on an aircraft but rather an item to be interfaced (by non hard-line - aka not electrically hardwired) with the aircraft. A Headset can not control or operate an aircraft, or change any electrical properties, so what does it have to do with requiring a TSO approval? Plus TSO again is a manufacturing approval, not even an approval for use. Its all beyond me...especially since the ZULU 2 has millions of flight hours on it by now.

Oh well, not everything makes sense.

Great headset all the same!

Good Luck, somebody is sure to be happy with the set! I know I am with mine!

Back