FS : Lightspeed Sierra ANR headset - Used

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
Decided I am going to sell my Lightspeed Sierra Headset. Works fantastic, fits me great, and it is in near new condition. Used for about 30 flight hours since August 2010... yes, only 30. :rolleyes:

Here's a thread I discussed the Sierra, and my initial reactions --> CLICK HERE

I have the Lightspeed box, carrying case, and headset. Very well cared for, just haven't been flying. :nonod:

New - $650
Found on Ebay,... $600

Asking $415, carefully packaged in origonal box, and shipped to Lower 48 via UPS (price includes shipping) :)

Paypal Preferred

NO your giving up! Keep the head set. Selling it is a bad decision because either

1) Your giving it up, Bad very very bad;

or

2) Your not giving it up and plan to get back into flying and then you will have to buy a new headset so bad financial decision.

Other than that its a damn fine headset and at a stupendously good price.

Last edited:
The Lightspeed we got for the Free Bird is easily the nicest one I've used.

Have to hang up the powered flying for a bit :sad: 3 little girls keeping things going in many directions and time will be best spent on them camping, girl scouts, etc. AirVenture 2012 is my 'man-cation' and final plunge for a while in aviation. I may try to hang out with Shane doing PPG sometime or get up in a glider next year.

Sorry to hear Rob. You can fly the Tiger anytime when you want to get in the air, and I do have extra headsets.

Looks like I'll have to bring my spare set now when we go flying. :) Sorry to read about this sale because I know what it represents, but I also understand your rationale. I'm sure you'll keep your head in the game. Have fun at Oshkosh!

Incidentally, I looked into trying gliders last year and went through ground school at PGC. Nice group of guys and a seemingly well run organization. However, the costs for the first two years were significantly more than I'd expected and I opted to focus on powered flight.

Don't know if you saw, but PGC lost a glider yesterday at 200AGL on a winch launch. Sounds like both guys will be OK but this is this second crash in as many years. Not sure what impact it will have on future club costs.

Back