FS: Garmin GPS 150XL and King KN47 DME Code Converter

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
I have for sale two pieces of equipment that were orphaned when I did my avionics upgrade in June. The first one is a Garmin GPS 150XL, and the second is a King KA47 DME Code Converter. Bit on each:

The Garmin GPS 150XL is a VFR-only, black and white, moving map GPS. It was installed two owners ago in the Aztec to have something other than the disfunctional LORAN that it came with when it was bought off of its 135 operation. The database is several years out of date, but I used it with no issues. It also comes with antenna, and the remote switch unit (with switch, and day/night mode which dims the illumination in the switch). In my plane, it was connected to the HSI. Also includes tray. See pictures below:

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0308.JPG

I know nothing about the King KA47 DME Code Converter. My plane used to have a DME, but it was taken out at some point. The code converter was left in the plane for some reason. I know nothing about it or its function, it was just taken out since there was no use for it. Picture below:

DSC_0309.JPG

Prices:

Garmin GPS 150XL: $1000 with everything
King KA47: No idea, make offer.

Last edited:
Looking at it, that looks like a King KA47 DME Code Converter, not a KN47. Not that this help much. But essco has the maintenance/installation manual available for only $175!
http://www.esscoaircraft.com/product_p/1891.htm

And another outfit supposedly has an actual unit available (serviceable) for $50.

You know, it would help if I knew how to read. ;)

I'll go make that edit now...

Also thanks for the reference to a place that has one for sale. Like I said, I have no idea what it's worth, so I'm likely to take whatever someone would offer me. It certainly does me no good!

These items are also for sale on eBay, so you can look for them there.

The Garmin has sold, the KA47 has not. Nobody seems to know what it is.

Back