FS: A complete KCS-55 slaved compass system

peter-h

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
peter-h
Over time, I installed the Sandel SG102 and the SN3500 so the following items are no longer needed:

KG102A - about 2 years since overhaul at Castleberry Instruments, with 8130-3
KI525 - 11 years old, 1000hrs
KI229 (2-off) - one about 5 years old and one 11 years old and w/ a fresh 8130-3
KA51 (or 52?) slaving accessory - 11 years old
KMT112 (2-off) - one 11 years old and one 2 years old w/ 8130-3

I have installation and maintenance manuals for the whole lot.

Everything is 100% working and in very clean condition as I was the only pilot since the aircraft was new in 2002.

The reason for the two KMT112s is because I changed it when looking for an intermittent heading problem which turned out to be a bug in the EHSI. Same reason why the KG102A is only 2 years old.

The reason for the two RMIs was because I bought a load of avionics from a pilot in the USA (who I know) who put in a G500, and the extra KI229 came with that. These are really expensive...

A photo of the original panel is here

I would sell the whole lot for $4k and for that I would ship it to the USA by DHL. The recipient would be responsible for the import duty but it would be very little - probably a few % of the value written on the invoice.

Price dropped to $3k.

If it doesn't sell I will sell the bits separately because they clearly do go on US Ebay.

Last edited:
I am uploading a load of pics here

I can also email the documents to anybody interested: peter@peter2000.co.uk.

Note there are two RMIs and two fluxgates.

Been looking to add a 430 and HSI, but want the Sandel SG102 for gyro and magnetometer, are you willing to just sell just the King 525 separate?

Let me see if this lot goes. If it doesn't then yes I will break it up. If you drop me an email I will keep it handy in case that happens.

I've just installed the SG102 also - and with two SN3500 EHSIs installed, that's mainly why I am selling this lot. The Sandel stuff is very good.

I would say this of course but I think for anybody who wants a nice reliable slaved compass system, or just wants a load of spares for their existing KCS55 on the shelf, this kit is great value. I have done 11 years of IFR all over Europe with this kit. The KCS55 wiring is straightforward and I will include a blueray DVD with my 15GB avionics manuals collection which has everything needed in it.

This is now sold - thank you all :)

Back