FS '58, C182A

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Hi, guys,

It's time to turn another page on life...

For Sale,

1958 C182A, N5057D, $53,900, 3101 TTSN, 983 SMOH

Beautiful Paint & Interior, many upgrades & mods.

This plane has a unique combination of being low total time (3101) but definitely not being a hangar queen...it’s been flown 983 hours in the last 8 years.

You won't find a cleaner, better maintained straight tail out there.

For details go to: N5057D

attachment.php

Tire Kickers Welcome!

Attachments

• MVC-097Fsmall.JPG
    MVC-097Fsmall.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
I absolutely love the old straight tails and that's probably the best looking one I've seen! What a clean airplane!

Nice looking plane Tim. Why are you selling? Gonna buy an RV? ;)

Changing careers (or retiring, haven't decided yet) and no longer working 3 or 4 states away from home. Don't need a traveling machine. Might get a "putter" once she's sold. 170, Champ, Citabria, straight tail 150, or??

I can vouch for this plane - it is one sleek bird. Whoever ends up with it will have the best straight tail 182 around.

Changing careers (or retiring, haven't decided yet) and no longer working 3 or 4 states away from home. Don't need a traveling machine. Might get a "putter" once she's sold. 170, Champ, Citabria, straight tail 150, or??

Get an RV! You too can do overhead breaks! :rofl:

Good luck Tim. :D

I can vouch for this plane - it is one sleek bird. Whoever ends up with it will have the best straight tail 182 around.

And I actually put the backseat back in; first time it's been in the plane for at least 7 years. Buddy lost his mobile doghouse in the process though. He was bummin'. Over the last 3 years, he's flown over 240 hours w/ me.

Me too, I flew right seat in this with Tim, and it was so nice and smooth. Wonderful plane.

Website (http://www.topsightinc.com/N5057D.aspx) has been updated to include:
  • Added a photo series of the engine...naked (or should I say "buck nekkid" in honor of buying the plane in Arkansas?)
  • Added photos of "active" panel in flight taken today (inserted into original photo .pdf)
  • Added FAA Registration Docs showing chain of title since new.
  • Added a list of all ancillary equipment that will be included with the aircraft and other equipment that will be for sale once aircraft is sold (with buyer having first right of refusal on everything).
  • The detailed specifications have been updated to reflect an IFR certification being completed this month.
That's it!

Last edited:
By the way...

I have suspected, ever since I bought this plane, that the engine and cylinders are original because there isn't anything in the logs reflecting any replacements...only that it's been field OH'ed twice.

Today, I decided to scratch my curiosity itch and call TCM w/ the data plate SN. They confirmed that the case was mfg'ed in 1958 and sold to Cessna. While this doesn't confirm that everything is original, it certainly adds credence to my theory.

How cool is that? It's like finding a '57 Chevy w/ matching numbers!

Last edited:
Steingar likes. Steingar wants. Steingar doesn't have the money. Phooey!

In all seriousness, good luck with the sale. I think the economy is actually receiving some (I'm seeing airplanes when I fly) and I hope you can find that nice airplane a new home.

Tim,

I have many in flight photos of your plane. If you PM me your email address, I can send them to you full size for your use in your sale.

Here are just some:

6115102840_accb381231_z.jpg

6114549399_de09428e87_z.jpg

Tim,

I have many in flight photos of your plane. If you PM me your email address, I can send them to you full size for your use in your sale.

Here are just some:

6115102840_accb381231_z.jpg

6114549399_de09428e87_z.jpg
That second one really isn't a very good example of an in flight photo now, is it?:no: :lol: I wish we were in a position to buy, though!

That second one really isn't a very good example of an in flight photo now, is it?:no: :lol: I wish we were in a position to buy, though!

Geez. I wanted to post a variety of what I had . . . nevermind!

I have BOTH in flight and on ground photos. Even some with "Buddy".

Got 'em, Kim, thanks! I zoomed in on the one you posted of me taking off. It's quite apparent that the XPDR antenna is missing...Buddy had already broken it off when you took that shot! ;) But, hey, under the plane is where he sleeps when we're at airports (when he's not chasing skunks and getting sprayed anyway).

Me too, I flew right seat in this with Tim, and it was so nice and smooth. Wonderful plane.

Yeah, that's what we told everyone but you and I both know that you sat on my lap. And you actually believed that story about Johnson Bars and older aircraft.

:goofy:

:)

Don't suppose it has a float kit...? ;)

I wish!

Last edited:
Got 'em, Kim, thanks! I zoomed in on the one you posted of me taking off. It's quite apparent that the XPDR antenna is missing...Buddy had already broken it off when you took that shot! ;) But, hey, under the plane is where he sleeps when we're at airports (when he's not chasing skunks and getting sprayed anyway).

Yeah, that's what we told everyone but you and I both know that you sat on my lap. And you actually believed that story about Johnson Bars and older aircraft.

And then you wrote filthy things on the ceiling when you THOUGHT none of us were taking photos:

6115206058_d05c1040b2_z.jpg

I just saw this plane today at HRO. And finally got to meet Tim in person - yea!!! :)

This plane is beautiful! Wish I was in the market! Whoever gets it will get one sweet bird!

Website (http://www.topsightinc.com/N5057D.aspx) has been updated to include:
  • Added a photo series of the engine...naked (or should I say "buck nekkid" in honor of buying the plane in Arkansas?)
That's it!

A little help with your Arkansas vocabulary. Naked means having no clothes on. Nekkid means engaged in an activity that requires you to have no clothes on, like "and they was nekkid!!!"

A little help with your Arkansas vocabulary. Naked means having no clothes on. Nekkid means engaged in an activity that requires you to have no clothes on, like "and they was nekkid!!!"

Man, thanks! I didn't know that. I wish I had when I ate at the 'buck nekkid BBQ' in Fayetteville. That waitress was pretty cute. :wink2:

I'll have to go back....

EDIT: and amazingly enough, Intelius finds nine people in the U.S. named Buck Nekkid...no kidding...

http://www.intelius.com/results.php?ReportType=1&formname=name&qf=Buck&qmi=&qn=Nekkid&qcs=&focusfirst=1

Last edited:
The buyer backed out after deciding that the plane isn't right for the typical mission and after already having a thorough pre-buy performed.

During the process, the two mechanics that I use and the one who did the pre-buy (who I didn't know at all), all expressed sentiments of "What? Are you nuts? You'll never find another one like this.". Another guy, who did the airframe inspection during the pre-buy, told the buyer "There"s not an old Cessna out there without corrosion. I WILL find corrosion. I always find corrosion.". When I picked up the plane he came out and shook my hand "you're my first" he said, "absolutely no corrosion anywhere"

I told him that he was the first GUY to ever tell me that I was the first. ;)

Anyway, I was beginning to have some serious seller's remorse even before selling. And, I don't have to sell it, so I'm not!

Last edited:
Congratulations. It's sure a beauty.

I was hoping you would change your mind.:)

The buyer backed out after deciding that the plane isn't right for the typical mission and after already having a thorough pre-buy performed.

During the process, the two mechanics that I use and the one who did the pre-buy (who I didn't know at all), all expressed sentiments of "What? Are you nuts? You'll never find another one like this.". Another guy, who did the airframe inspection during the pre-buy, told the buyer "There"s not an old Cessna out there without corrosion. I WILL find corrosion. I always find corrosion.". When I picked up the plane he came out and shook my hand "you're my first" he said, "absolutely no corrosion anywhere"

Anyway, I was beginning to have some serious seller's remorse even before selling. And, I don't have to sell it, so I'm not!

Excellent!

This means I may still get a ride in the future, AND may be in a position to purchase it next time it comes up for sale!

It's hard to give up a clean old airframe because you may not get another.

Excellent!

This means I may still get a ride in the future, AND may be in a position to purchase it next time it comes up for sale!

You must do this! He took me up and it was one of the best flights ever. I've been in many planes now but this one was super cool.

You must do this! He took me up and it was one of the best flights ever. I've been in many planes now but this one was super cool.

Awww...shucks. You're making me blush.

Duncan, Eagle Creek sounds like a plan. Brock wants to get together also, I'm sure he's within striking distance of eagle creek. I'm planning a trip to a fly-in in the Gulfport, MS area in a few weeks so late Apr, early May would be good timing for me.

Awww...shucks. You're making me blush.

Duncan, Eagle Creek sounds like a plan. Brock wants to get together also, I'm sure he's within striking distance of eagle creek. I'm planning a trip to a fly-in in the Gulfport, MS area in a few weeks so late Apr, early May would be good timing for me.
And if you do Eagle Creek (KEYE), let us know, because that's one of our favorite stops!

Well I do hope you got the skunk stank out of the plane after 6Y9 :D

Congrats on keeping it. She's a nice'un

Back