FS: 1948 Luscombe 8E

SA_0202_small.jpg

Very nice looking aircraft!!! Good luck with the sale!

Is that one usually at Air Acres?

Very pretty 8. Wish I had some extra cash laying around....

That should go quickly if a person knows what they are looking at and can fly a taildragger. With the swords conversion it's a Dream! Good price also. My taylorcraft was flown from baltimore to stellar airpark in Arizona. No problem.

That should go quickly if a person knows what they are looking at and can fly a taildragger. With the swords conversion it's a Dream! Good price also. My taylorcraft was flown from baltimore to stellar airpark in Arizona. No problem.

Mr. Cooper,

Many speculators have come out of the woodwork. One liked my airplane but wanted a Luscombe with a blue stripe. He did pick my brain about polishing.

Another made an appointment to come see it, but his wife said no.

Another had two hours of tailwheel time, and wants a museum quality airplane for that price.

One called about my spinner. He wants it.

One talked on the phone for 20 minutes, but he really wants an 8A.

Lord Have Mercy On Me!

Deb

Mr. Cooper,

Many speculators have come out of the woodwork. One liked my airplane but wanted a Luscombe with a blue stripe. He did pick my brain about polishing.

Another had two hours of tailwheel time, and wants a museum quality airplane for that price.

Lord Have Mercy On Me!

Deb
I was at JZP a few months ago looking for a luscombe. A gentleman on the porch at the FBO (I forget his name) and called over to you and asked about one. Just figured you could add me to that list. :D

Sure with I had 22K. Good luck with the sale.

Mr. Cooper,

Lord Have Mercy On Me!

Deb

For me, the f model was the best one , but the one your selling with an o200 swords would be just great. I can't imagine rather flying an 8a with 65 hp but everyone has different plans. I had one fellow offer me 10 acres north of Harrisburg for my trophy t craft. Another wanted me to finance it ( get serious!) put it in trade a plane with pictures( important!) sold two days later for asking price. Luscombe are truly great airplanes! Don was a genius!

Selling a plane is a pain and unfortunately the ratio of tire kickers to serious buyers is always going to be bad. I feel your pain - when I sold my Aztec, the number of ridiculous questions I got about it was astounding.

My wife wants a Luscombe, and yours would be perfect. Unfortunately, now's just not good timing for us.

How can you sell a member of your family, Deb??

Seriously, good luck. I have often heard that Lucsombes are "squirrely," which obviously comes from people who need more flight instruction in TW aircraft!

Always liked the Luscombe vis-a-vis the early TW group. Looks sturdy, and sprightly.

Without impugning the landing characteristics of the type, I have heard that there are mods to the gear, or the rudder, or both that make some Luscombes a bit easier to land than others? Can anyone confirm or indicate that there were changes to the gear or tail that makes the later ones easier to land?

Mr. Cooper,

Lord Have Mercy On Me!

Deb

Now you know why aircraft brokers exist.

For me, the f model was the best one , but the one your selling with an o200 swords would be just great. I can't imagine rather flying an 8a with 65 hp but everyone has different plans. I had one fellow offer me 10 acres north of Harrisburg for my trophy t craft. Another wanted me to finance it ( get serious!) put it in trade a plane with pictures( important!) sold two days later for asking price. Luscombe are truly great airplanes! Don was a genius!

8a can be flown with Sport Pilot privileges, the 8e cannot IIRC, you need a medical for it.

8a can be flown with Sport Pilot privileges, the 8e cannot IIRC, you need a medical for it.

Thanks, I was going to ask that question...I have a buddy looking for an old LSA compliant stick and rudder taildragger.

What's the useful load on one of these?

Always liked the Luscombe vis-a-vis the early TW group. Looks sturdy, and sprightly.

Without impugning the landing characteristics of the type, I have heard that there are mods to the gear, or the rudder, or both that make some Luscombes a bit easier to land than others? Can anyone confirm or indicate that there were changes to the gear or tail that makes the later ones easier to land?

There are no mods, but Luscombes are very straight forward to land.

I have found the Silflex gear to be a little more forgiving.

Deb

Neither the E or the F can be flown sport pilot which like a lot of other aircraft is absurd. Squirrley might be applied to the Luscombe landing or on the ground if one is a low time taildragger pilot. Otherwise they handle very much like all the other light taildraggers. They are docile airplanes, no bad habits. Much more fun than say a cub or a t craft.

What's the useful load on one of these?

Whatever you can get in one ;-).

I am serious about that. They are hard to fly over gross because you just can't get it in there.

My 8E weighs 915 with a gross weight of 1400.

Deb

Back