FRZ blues

Bonchie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bonchie
2 weeks since I applied for my pin, TSA says they have what they need, and still nothing.

I'm having to skip ahead to IFR simulator training today because I can't leave Potomac by myself yet. Only have one hour in the plane in the past 2 weeks and it looks like it'll be 3 before I fly again even if it does come through this week because of weather.

I've gotten so used to flying 2-3 times a week that I'm having withdrawals. :wink2:

Those of you that don't have to deal with insane numbers of multiple airspaces all overlapping every time you fly and needing special clearance for everything you do in the air (until outside the SFRA), be thankful

On another note, if you are starting training in the DC area, go get your pin now. Even if you only have a few hours. Do not wait until after you first solo like I stupidly did.

Last edited:
It's a PITA, but the people in the process, including the Baltimore FSDO, were nice enough about it.

It's a PITA, but the people in the process, including the Baltimore FSDO, were nice enough about it.

The FSBO visit was great. Fast, easy, and the FAA official said to call him if I have any issues. They cleared me the very next day.

Really hoping TSA gets me cleared this week.

The school should have sent you to for the clearance once you started training.

Back